Click Here!

Can't join

Guest BJMichaels

Guest BJMichaels

I filled in the Create Member Account area fully, hit Register, and my password disappeared, leaving all the other information there and have received no confirmation email. I tried it a second time and had the same thing happen. Is there a problem with the register function at this time?

If you have an email address from a Microsoft client (Hotmail, Outlook or Live.com) there is a conflict with Microsoft’s protocols and our archive code. Our members using those email clients have been unable to reset passwords (or create them). We’ve found that using another email client (Gmail for one) has allowed members to reset a password. Once the account has been established, you can change the email address for the account via the Control Panel of your archive profile.

• 7 months later...

If you are asking about your archive registration, you are showing as pending registration. The issue might be because you use a Microsoft client email address, and we have had issues with confirmation emails and password resets.

If you are asking about the forum registration, the issue might be because the archive registration isn’t completed.

Then it’s definitely the Microsoft email client issue rearing its head once more.

Since this is discussed on the Archive Tech Support thread, and not here on the Forum thread, I’ll explain the work-around we use. We can change the email address for you to a client that doesn’t have issues with our site, such as Google’s Gmail. I recommend that you email us with that Gmail address, since this is an open forum, and spambots can and do harvest email addresses. We can be reached at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. 

Once I update your email address, I’ll let you know. You can request a new email using this link: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/rsa.php Make sure to use the new email address, since that’s what will be in our database.

After you successfully validate, and have access to the account, you can use your Control Panel to change the email address back to your preferred client, or you can leave it with the new email address, as you prefer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.