Click Here!

Possible plagiarist: Kiara Grey

Guest Hm.

Hi.

I stumbled across this story: Secret Desires & Unbridled Fury posted by Kiara Grey on June 8, 2005. I thought it was odd to see Inuyasha in the originals section, so I looked, and found this: Secret Desires & Unbridled Fury, posted by Silver_Dog_Demon on March 24, 2005.

Several things point to plagiarism – the summary alteration, the note of incomplete on the “original” posting when the story has been complete since 2004 (see below), the slight change of the formatting internally, and the fact that the posting in the originals archive only has one chapter.

In trying to make sure that I’m not making a mountain out of a molehill, I checked to see if there were other, older versions of the story. There is a posting on Fanfiction.net: Secret Desires & Unbridled Fury, posted by Crystal-Tiger82674 on Jan 7, 2005. The posting of 31 chapters was completed on Jan 23, 2005. There is an even older posting on Dokuga: Secret Desires & Unbridled Fury, completed on Nov 7, 2004. It is posted under the name Silver_Dog_Demon. The Fanfiction.net account is claimed on the Dokuga profile. I did not see a claim to the Kiara Grey account on either the Fanfiction.net or the Dokuga profiles. Someone (possibly the author?) set up a Facebook page under the Fanfiction.net pen name, and I didn’t find any acknowledgement of the Kiara Grey account there either.

My guess is that “Kiara Grey” is a plagiarist.

Hi,

I took a look at both profiles, and it looks like they belong to the same person based on information in our records. Given that we only allow one account per member, what I’m going to do is remove the Kirara_Grey account as a duplicate account.

I do want to thank you for catching this one. We haven’t finished clean-up in either Inuyasha or Originals, and the older stories are rife with this sort of thing. But we really, really dislike plagiarists here on AFF, so we always are grateful to alert readers! Thank you! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.