Click Here!

element magic vs element magic

SirGeneralSir

So there are different types of magic elements, using fire for this one.

Fire, Holy fire, Hellfire.

I have always known Holy fire to be a blue or white, maybe golden? but there is also a fire that undead tend to use, it can also be a blue or white. Normal fire is …… normal but what about Hellfire?

I have been thinking about it and I feel that a deeper red, maybe a blood red would be better to make them feel different?

any thought on this one? 

Sickly green for Hellfire, definitely. Think 1960s-type neon acid green. It always induced a strong desire to tear my eyeballs out and soak them in a cooling bath, that color… :lol: 

10 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

So there are different types of magic elements, using fire for this one.

Fire, Holy fire, Hellfire.

I have always known Holy fire to be a blue or white, maybe golden? but there is also a fire that undead tend to use, it can also be a blue or white. Normal fire is …… normal but what about Hellfire?

I have been thinking about it and I feel that a deeper red, maybe a blood red would be better to make them feel different?

any thought on this one? 

Well it depends on what the magical combinants are. Holy for example should just burn bright no matter what and little to no smoke. Hellfire in contrast should be smokier in contrast due to its unholy nature/ Implications of its reactants. Typically hellfire in fantasy is much redder/(I’ve seen purple) WOD uses balefire ,

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Balefire_(WTA)

Several characters of mine have died to the rather nasty stuff. Since aggravated damage is something you can’t just shake off you die in a few rounds and you can’t soak aggravated damage.

https://dresdenfiles.fandom.com/wiki/Hellfire

Hellfire in fantasy is either bright green, green or more sickly colors to denote the hazard its entails. Sure, its more destructive but you’re also dabbling into things that at the minimum puts your self/ the soul at risk. No matter what color you use. Note that hellfire, is essentially highlighting and magnifying  the worst aspects of fire itself without the positive ones to mellow it out. Its description should reflect that at the very least.

People panic at the smell of smoke, or the first flickers of fire. Hellfire should be magnified 10x Cause the spirit even subconsciously should be hammering that primal part of the brain screaming GTFO NOW!

Undead should use more phantasmal fire. Think corpse lights or willow wisps. ghostly fire may not burn as hot as regular fire but it should be just as nasty if you get hit with it. maybe illuminating the person’s bones/spirit while its affecting the body. Maybe, even making the unfortunate person phantasmal themselves as their essence burns.

I was talking with the wife, she added black to the color list.

All these colors have different effects look wise with fire.

ATM I am thinking the colors could be.

Holy – Gold/White

Demonic – Blood red/Black

Undead – sickly green/light blue

Mortals – normal red orange and purple.

thoughts?