Click Here!

Data breach October 2020 - can't reset password

Guest ToS

Google has alerted me that there was a data breach for AFF about 20 hours ago from time of posting this.

I went over to reset my password but there’s something wrong with both it and the login. The login says “You are not registered, please register to log in” but I’m sure I did the upgrade when the system changed months ago. The reset says “The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering” 

If the databreach is real, any chance you can just reset all our passwords?

I have not gotten a Google alert myself, but I am checking with my admin regarding any data breach here at AFF.

I do not have access to passwords. That level of access is reserved for our admin only. I do know there has been an issue with the password reset function and any Microsoft-based email client such as Hotmail, Outlook, and Live.com. Members using email addresses from those clients have been unable to access our password reset. A temporary switch to a gmail address has resolved the issue, and allowed for a password reset.

If you are using one of those clients, and would like a temporary email address change, I can do that for you. I do recommend that you contact us via email rather than post anything here on a publicly accessible forum. You can reach us at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org.

There was no data breach.  I would also have gotten an email from google about it for the site.  Your email may in fact be registered more than once, or you may have registered with a different one.  Without knowing who you are, I have no way to tell.

Thank you both.  I’m glad there’s no breach in that case. 

I do have a gmail account. I don’t know how it could be registered twice but it’s fine. I was just concerned for security reasons.

Cheers. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.