Click Here!

The 5 Most Baffling Sex Scenes in Fanfiction

Helluin

Here's to the AFF authors who have achieved their 15 seconds of internet fame:

The 5 Most Baffling Sex Scenes in Fanfiction reviewed on Cracked Magazine, extensively Dugg and commented upon by Diggers.

Clearly, the reviewer doesn't realize just how strange fandom is.

And as for the review of one of Trekqueen's LOTR/Trek crossovers, I can only say:

th_symbol.jpgslacks.jpg

Edited by Helluin

hahaha thanks, Helluin!

I got a review/note from JayDee but I haven't been able to PM back, won't let me on here for some reason. :P

I heard about the article last week the day after it was posted. An online friend who helped me with a few tidbits in the fic happened to see it and sent me an email. Have to say, I was rather surprised but flattered. ;) Luckily I haven't had any trolls but I did notice I've racked up more than 3000 hits in the last week alone. :) Heh, even though they were making fun of it I know how to laugh at myself! :D

Huh?

THey're all humans. Or humanoid enough to pass in the subway.

Good Christ, none of these would make my top ten.

Is it just the idea of a crossover that's offensive/baffling?

Reminds me of a movie reviewer who commented on E.T. that a child used profanity in the first scene and it didn't even make sense.

The word was 'penisbreath.' His next column was: "Okay, thank you for the letters, the pictures, the blueprints, the drawings and the wonderful poetry. I no longer think that the word is nonsensical. Dammit."

trekqueen, you have to use her name JoanDoe instead of JayDee, otherwise it won't let ya.

I thought the writer of the blog was a wee bit full of herself, even tho I did find it amusing.

oops! Yea the author did seem like that and I agree she may have been rather new to the internet or at least crazy fandom people. :D I did drop her a PM but she never wrote back.

Ahh! An unforeseen consequence of using the Display Name re-name from the shop.

Oops! hehe well thanks for the review nontheless!

Huh?

THey're all humans. Or humanoid enough to pass in the subway.

Good Christ, none of these would make my top ten.

Is it just the idea of a crossover that's offensive/baffling?

Reminds me of a movie reviewer who commented on E.T. that a child used profanity in the first scene and it didn't even make sense.

The word was 'penisbreath.' His next column was: "Okay, thank you for the letters, the pictures, the blueprints, the drawings and the wonderful poetry. I no longer think that the word is nonsensical. Dammit."

Yea, I've seen some real crazy ones out there, like I mentioned above... I think the gal just hasn't discovered enough of the internet yet... or fanfiction for that matter...

Yea, I've seen some real crazy ones out there,

This would be an easy claim to substantiate. The author needs to get out more...

Clearly, the reviewer doesn't realize just how strange fandom is.

Aww, c'mon - that review was FUNNY! Spare a little pity for that poor little reviewer, trying to use what is clearly a 2-D brain in a 3-D world! Or maybe fanfic extends beyond the usual range of dimensions? Which would go a long way toward explaining some of the stuff that ends up being written and apparently thoroughly enjoyed ...

Many thanks for bringing me this - it's cheered up what was otherwise proving to be a rather crappy day...

'Purr (Kip)

• 3 months later...

Well, I think she did a decent job of picking some really messed up ones, though I've definitely seen worse.

What kills me is the plausibility rating. :lol: Doesn't she know plausibility in erotic fiction is kind of an optional thing? And the same goes for plausibility in fan fiction? When you put the two together in erotic fan fiction, plausibility is really optional. Most erotic fanfic writers don't even bother with it. Now personally I strongly believe that fan fiction should be believable or at least plausible, and there are other erotic fanfic writers who feel that way. But to think that the overwhelming majority write that way? That really is hilarious.

And just because a story is totally implausible doesn't mean it's not good. I enjoy some stories like that, sometimes for the comic value, sometimes because they're still kind of hot. I mean, not plausible doesn't always mean totally messed up, in fact some plausible fics are really messed up too.

• 2 weeks later...

And did anyone consider the fact of HOW MANY Fanfics the author had to read before finding some that she couldn't stand??? Hmmmmm.. Closet fanfic fan perhaps?? And I guess instead of leaving reviews, she goes and writes an entire article. And they say we have no life?

What gets me is that she obviously only reviews/reads those fandoms that have live action movies/shows that they're based off of. Now I'm depressed. Really, REALLY depressed. There's so many cartoon fandoms/crossovers with even more implausible/outrageous sex/slash scenes in them!!!

But hey, kudos to those authors who got the article written about them.... Heck I'm only in the wikipediadramatica thing... I only dream about ticking off a flamer-type enough to have an actual article written!!! :samurai: