Click Here!

message 004

Guest the_story_teller97

Guest the_story_teller97
1 minute ago, WillowDarkling said:

Did you follow the instructions completely? That’s the only reason I can imagine you’d get an error message.

yes put in display name and password but it keeps saying display name is wrong . but i am still curious about the poll and the story contest

Then try different variation of the display name. Try it without the underscores for example, or if you have spaces, use underscores instead, or skip spaces and underscores completely. I think that you can’t use spaces in the display name. 

And we’ve told you repeatedly that you can create a topic with a poll in the forum. You CANNOT post a poll in the Archive. And I don’t know what story contest you are talking about. To the best of my knowledge, we have never had a story contest. 

Guest the_story_teller97
5 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Then try different variation of the display name. Try it without the underscores for example, or if you have spaces, use underscores instead, or skip spaces and underscores completely. I think that you can’t use spaces in the display name. 

And we’ve told you repeatedly that you can create a topic with a poll in the forum. You CANNOT post a poll in the Archive. And I don’t know what story contest you are talking about. To the best of my knowledge, we have never had a story contest. 

my display name is the_story_teller97 and just that. i meant a poll that the mods/admins make requading my idea because i want to see what the people thinks . and as the story contest i can see it " Adult Fan Fiction First Ever Story Contest"

If the application form keeps telling you that the display name “the_story_teller97” is wrong, then there’s is obviously an element in that username that doesn't work. So, try to enter it in a different format, such as for example “theStoryTeller97” or “TheStoryTeller97” or some combination that does not contain underscores. I think that underscores were not allowed after one of the updates to the forum. 

And BronxWench has already told you that there will be no adding of any kind of a rewards system, and therefore there is no need for any kind of a poll to see what other users think. 

And I am not finding anything about “first ever story contest”. If there is such a post, it is not something that any of the staff has posted. We are not having any kind of a story contest, if there is such a post anywhere, it is something that another user has posted. 

Guest the_story_teller97
21 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

If the application form keeps telling you that the display name “the_story_teller97” is wrong, then there’s is obviously an element in that username that doesn't work. So, try to enter it in a different format, such as for example “theStoryTeller97” or “TheStoryTeller97” or some combination that does not contain underscores. I think that underscores were not allowed after one of the updates to the forum. 

And BronxWench has already told you that there will be no adding of any kind of a rewards system, and therefore there is no need for any kind of a poll to see what other users think. 

And I am not finding anything about “first ever story contest”. If there is such a post, it is not something that any of the staff has posted. We are not having any kind of a story contest, if there is such a post anywhere, it is something that another user has posted. 

i see  so if i change my pen name to "TheStoryTeller97" so    what if i post a " story contest " . but Willow i mean i understand but maybe you  want to see my rewards offer? because maybe you understand 

Yes, try using the name TheStoryTeller97 and see if that works. I think that the underscores were eliminated from usernames after the update. 

Nope, not interested. BronxWench has answered your posts concerning that rewards offer. She said no. That’s it. I’m only the forum moderator, I have NO say over anything concerning the Archives. 

As for the story contest, if you want to make a post about a story contest and supervise some kind of a contest, then that’s completely your choice. But then it would be completely your thing, and we would not have anything to do with it, other than making sure that the post and the stories follow the rules of the Archives and the Forums. 

Guest TheStoryTeller97
1 minute ago, WillowDarkling said:

Nope, not interested. BronxWench has answered your posts concerning that rewards offer. She said no. That’s it. I’m only the forum moderator, I have NO say over anything concerning the Archives. 

As for the story contest, if you want to make a post about a story contest and supervise some kind of a contest, then that’s completely your choice. But then it would be completely your thing, and we would not have anything to do with it, other than making sure that the post and the stories follow the rules of the Archives and the Forums. 

i see so can you still help me with my account i change my display name but its actually saying it can't find account

Alright. I want you to answer my questions in the correct order. 

1. Did you click the “Sign up” button on the top right hand side of the forum?
  2. Have you filled in all of the information requested correctly, with a link to your Archive profile?

If the answer to both of these questions is Yes, then your profile request has been sent and you will need to wait for our Forum Administrator to verify that all of the information you provided is correct and then approve your forum profile. Only then will the account be visible and accessible. You need to give at least 24 hours for this process to happen. 

Guest TheStoryTeller97
6 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Alright. I want you to answer my questions in the correct order. 

1. Did you click the “Sign up” button on the top right hand side of the forum?
  2. Have you filled in all of the information requested correctly, with a link to your Archive profile?

If the answer to both of these questions is Yes, then your profile request has been sent and you will need to wait for our Forum Administrator to verify that all of the information you provided is correct and then approve your forum profile. Only then will the account be visible and accessible. You need to give at least 24 hours for this process to happen. 

24 hours after singning up  eh? got it

Guest TheStoryTeller97
2 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Yes, our Forum Administrator isn’t in the States, so we always ask new users to wait at the very least 24 hours for him to approve new forum profiles. This approval of course depends completely on whether you have filled all of the information in correctly. 

so in case dose not  work may i suggest the up and date swipe when it comes to birthdays

Guest TheStoryTeller97
7 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

We’re not planning any updates to the forum in the near future, so you can suggest it, but that’s all we’ll do with that. 

ok i think it be easier and faster to join if  people take a few seconds instead of couple minutes . the reason why said a reward system is not going to happen because of copyrights?

The forum software has nothing to do with the archive rules. Forum registration requires you to fill out forms correctly.

Reward systems are not ever going to happen, especially not as you were describing. 

Guest TheStoryTeller97

4 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

The forum software has nothing to do with the archive rules. Forum registration requires you to fill out forms correctly.

Reward systems are not ever going to happen, especially not as you were describing. 

i asked if copyrights was the reason ? gez i know its never going to happen!

And I’ll repost what I said in the beginning of this whole thing:

For many of us who are long time members, we recall the old rating system, which was abused with disturbing regularity. In the overwhelming majority of cases, ratings did not reflect the quality of a story. They were used to indicate popularity based on anything but merit, or to punish an author for content the reader didn’t like. If a story praised a character they thought should be disliked, or contained an unfavorable pairing, the story was rated down. Others had stories rated highly despite a complete ignorance of grammar and spelling because, as an example, the author bashed Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter fandom. Why anyone would read a story clearly marked with a pairing they did not like just for the sake of rating the story down is unfathomable. Ratings were a dismal failure, and the childish abuse led to us discarding them in our code revisions.

Where original fiction is concerned, which is any work not based on someone else’s copyrighted materials, if you really want to be rewarded, get published. Submit it to a legitimate publisher, small independent publisher, magazine or blog, or self publish the work on Amazon. But again, we will not allow anyone to use AFF to earn money, from commissions, via Patreon solicitations (or any other self-funding site), or by advertising any product for sale other than through our banner ad program.

We don’t see the need to revisit the idea of any sort of merit system.

Guest TheStoryTeller97
2 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

And I’ll repost what I said in the beginning of this whole thing:

We don’t see the need to revisit the idea of any sort of merit system.

i see i mean how heavy abuse was it and how long ago ?   

Guest TheStoryTeller97

w

9 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

It was a few years ago, and it was heavy enough that we got rid of the feature in an upgrade to our system. 

And according to what BronxWench has told me, yes. It has to do with copyrights also. It is illegal to profit from fan fiction. That’s the simple answer. 

i see so it was 3 years ago ?   but i believe she knows my how it would work i can understand why you guys don't go back to it . Willow just letting you know it be based on paying original stories with Satoshis and 0.69¢ a word and  69  points a word 

Guest TheStoryTeller97
1 minute ago, Guest TheStoryTeller97 said:

w

i see so it was 3 years ago ?   but i believe she knows my how it would work i can understand why you guys don't go back to it . Willow just letting you know it be based on paying original stories with Satoshis and 0.69¢ a word and  69  points a word and is it ok to have  244 views?

It was more than three years ago. It was bad enough that the site owner, the head administrator, and the archive moderation staff collectively agreed that it was possibly The Worst Idea EverTM and would never be repeated at AFF. 

And just because I am an absolute glutton for punishment, I have to ask. What in the Nine Hells are “Satoshis” and who do you think would actually pay that proposed $0.69? We are a free archive. We don’t make any money running this site, so we’re certainly not going to pay anyone.

Seriously, even my publisher doesn’t pay me by the word.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.