Click Here!

message 004

Guest the_story_teller97

Guest the_story_teller97

i feel like i should have done this from the start but i said i got it gez i wanted to give you a example but not even 916,320 points? they are points not worth anything and i apologize if i am upseting you . how can i sent a colab request if i can't leave a review and the discord? and in case your wondering what we could do with points ? i was thinking as a power level from dbz and i am getting really tired of sending emails i think there should a chat on the website and a mobile app but i still don't understand why you can't reward original stories

We do have the chatbox, in the tabs at the top of this site, but I don’t know if that’s accessible to guests. There is also an unofficial Discord server, but I am not in charge of that, so I don’t know how to find it, unfortunately. The moderator in charge of it could tell you how to find it. 

As for the rest of your post, I am not entirely sure what you mean. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

As I said in our many emails back and forth (the reply feature is actually easier than creating a new email each time, you know), we do not have and will not have any sort of rewards system, points, or whatever you want to call them for any of our stories, original or fan fiction. That is not how AFF works. We have absolutely no interest in implementing what you propose. What is upsetting, to be honest, is to have you ask me the same thing, over and over. As my offspring could attest, it’s not a useful tactic.

For many of us who are long time members, we recall the old rating system, which was abused with disturbing regularity. In the overwhelming majority of cases, ratings did not reflect the quality of a story. They were used to indicate popularity based on anything but merit, or to punish an author for content the reader didn’t like. If a story praised a character they thought should be disliked, or contained an unfavorable pairing, the story was rated down. Others had stories rated highly despite a complete ignorance of grammar and spelling because, as an example, the author bashed Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter fandom. Why anyone would read a story clearly marked with a pairing they did not like just for the sake of rating the story down is unfathomable. Ratings were a dismal failure, and the childish abuse led to us discarding them in our code revisions.

Where original fiction is concerned, which is any work not based on someone else’s copyrighted materials, if you really want to be rewarded, get published. Submit it to a legitimate publisher, small independent publisher, magazine or blog, or self publish the work on Amazon. But again, we will not allow anyone to use AFF to earn money, from commissions, via Patreon solicitations (or any other self-funding site), or by advertising any product for sale other than through our banner ad program.

As far as leaving a review on a story, there’s a link at the bottom of every chapter of every story on AFF right on the left hand side, that reads “Review [Name of Story].” You click that, and you are taken to a text box where you can type in your review. At the bottom is a little gray button link that reads “Post Review” which when clicked will do exactly that. It is up to the author of the story to reply to the review, however, so if someone who hasn’t been on the site since 2012 doesn’t answer your review or hit you up on Discord, writing to us won’t help. We don’t give out email addresses for our members.

We have a chatbox; you can see the link at the top of the home page for the forum. It’s available for registered users of the forum.

Our site is also mobile-compatible, something we implemented well before you joined. There is no need from our point of view for an app since a great many users access the site from mobile devices with no problems.

Guest the_story_teller97

i am very sorry BronxWench if my example  or my idea anoyed or anger you . i honesty thought people like idea of getting rewarded . but i guess the story contest is not going to happen? but i really do need help with the review and the discord . how can  i leave a review on witchan to send a colab request

Guest the_story_teller97

i am very sorry BronxWench if my example  or my idea anoyed or anger you . i honesty thought people like idea of getting rewarded . but i guess the story contest is not going to happen? but i really do need help with the review and the discord . how can  i leave a review on witchan to send a colab request. i thought i was log in and and a member  the discord

You log in using the email address for your account and your password. Once you are logged in, go to the story, use the link like I described in your other thread (really, you CAN just reply to a thread) and leave your review.

Guest the_story_teller97

i thought my gmail account was the same thing? if not how do i fix it . and is story contests out of the picture . i am awear of my reweard  system  is never going to happen but i would like a poll because i believe in updateing 

Stop creating new threads, and just answer the first message. There’s a big green button at the top of the topic that reads “Reply to this topic”. I have been merging your topics, because you don’t need a new topic for every new question. If you keep making new topics, I’ll just start deleting them. 

Guest the_story_teller97

!

1 minute ago, WillowDarkling said:

Stop creating new threads, and just answer the first message. There’s a big green button at the top of the topic that reads “Reply to this topic”. I have been merging your topics, because you don’t need a new topic for every new question. If you keep making new topics, I’ll just start deleting them. 

how ? i am very new!

Your gmail is the same thing. Your gmail address is your login. You go to the login screen for the archive, and click the LOGIN option on the menu bar. Type in your gmail address and your password in the fields, and click LOGIN right below those fields. Then you should be logged in to the archive.

Polls are not allowed in the archive. You need to register for an account on the forum, which is where you can reply to reviews on your stories, create polls, and talk with other members in the chatbox.

Really, check our FAQ section. Almost everything is explained there.

16 minutes ago, Guest the_story_teller97 said:

how can my account be official? what's a display name ? how do i gain access to the chat ? i would really like a poll

Okay. First, what upsets moderators is when you don’t read what we’re telling you. I don’t like to repeat myself endlessly.

Second, in order to make a forum account, you need to go to the top of the forum home page. In the upper right corner, you will see an option to Log In or Register. You need to click register, read VERY carefully, follow the directions exactly, and our forum administrator will review the registration. Once he’s reviewed everything, and if you filled out all the information correctly, he will approve you. If you didn’t fill things out correctly, he won’t approve you.

Third, a display name is like a pen name in the archive. It’s the name you will use on the forum. Many of us use our archive pen names as our forum display names.

Once you have an approved forum account, you can join the chat, and make a thread for your poll, or create a story challenge for a story you want someone to write, or even look for someone to collaborate with. We have threads for all those things, if you look around.

And I was the one who merged you, because I really like to have ONE thread to follow and not several.

Guest the_story_teller97

ok ok i felt like it needed it how do i make my account official ? how do i get in the chat ? and dose my display name the_story_teller97 wont work 

We don’t do “official” accounts. We just do user accounts. And as BronxWench has already explained, you need to create an account on the forum, which then needs to be approved by the forum administrator. You need to read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY and fill out the form correctly for it to be approved. You also need to have an account on the Archive for your forum account to be verified. 

Once your account has been approved you’ll gain access to the chatbox. 

I have messaged the person in charge of the Discord server and asked them to leave you a message on this thread to let you know how to join that. 

And that username should work, as far as I know. 

Guest the_story_teller97
27 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Okay. First, what upsets moderators is when you don’t read what we’re telling you. I don’t like to repeat myself endlessly.

Second, in order to make a forum account, you need to go to the top of the forum home page. In the upper right corner, you will see an option to Log In or Register. You need to click register, read VERY carefully, follow the directions exactly, and our forum administrator will review the registration. Once he’s reviewed everything, and if you filled out all the information correctly, he will approve you. If you didn’t fill things out correctly, he won’t approve you.

Third, a display name is like a pen name in the archive. It’s the name you will use on the forum. Many of us use our archive pen names as our forum display names.

Once you have an approved forum account, you can join the chat, and make a thread for your poll, or create a story challenge for a story you want someone to write, or even look for someone to collaborate with. We have threads for all those things, if you look around.

And I was the one who merged you, because I really like to have ONE thread to follow and not several.

ok again i am very new to this i am sorry though

Guest the_story_teller97
4 minutes ago, Guest the_story_teller97 said:

ok again i am very new to this i am sorry though and i did though it keeps bloody saying something is incorrect

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.