Click Here!

Incubators/surrogate (living creatures)

SirGeneralSir

So using movies etc as an example, women are sometimes used as incubators/surrogate  for the offspring of X monster/alien.

For some reason I am now thinking about the actual possibility of it.

COULD! a female of a mammal species incubate the offspring of a different one? (with in reason)

For example, could a Human woman incubate/surrogate  lets say kittens/puppies, meaning of course artificial insemination of the correct eggs that are then implanted inside the woman.

Or would the body see it as something strange and attack them, would they even connect to the uterus or simply die out.

I am 99.9% sure it would not work at all, its more just an odd thought and I would like to see what other people think.  

On 4/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, SirGeneralSir said:

So using movies etc as an example, women are sometimes used as incubators/surrogate  for the offspring of X monster/alien.

For some reason I am now thinking about the actual possibility of it.

COULD! a female of a mammal species incubate the offspring of a different one? (with in reason)

For example, could a Human woman incubate/surrogate  lets say kittens/puppies, meaning of course artificial insemination of the correct eggs that are then implanted inside the woman.

Or would the body see it as something strange and attack them, would they even connect to the uterus or simply die out.

I am 99.9% sure it would not work at all, its more just an odd thought and I would like to see what other people think.  

Theoretically, It could work. Provided you hijacked and tricked the body into believing the pregnancy. Prevented the immune system from accidentally killing the different species.  Incubator/ Surrogate would have to have among other things. A compatible blood type. Since an incompatible one would kill the baby quite rapidly.  That’s not even brooking the subject of hormone levels, the hormones themselves, The type of hormones and the nutritional requirements of the fetus?

Feti? The composition of the amniotic fluid and whether or not nutrition can even pass through the developing placenta. Since not all feti are the same, different species have different maturation rates. ETC...

The masterful complexity of the female body that enables it to grow new life is a quite complicated system. Just a single wrong tweak of the system and the whole thing fails. Provided you have a mad scientist with enough funding or an amoral one that doesn’t ask questions.

There’s no reason to assume its not possible. You just need to be able to either overcome,substitute or otherwise work around the sheer number of issues that pop up.

It might just be easier to go the test tube baby/ Artificial womb route.

There is enough sci-fi parasite species/ Biological weapons

Such as the world famous giger inspired Xenomorphs (the orginals), The blatant prototype and rip off of the original Trilobite, The rip off of the rip off Neo-morphs.  The Zerg and the tyranids in general. But that’s completely digressing off the subject.

Edited by InvidiaRed
Clarity

4 hours ago, InvidiaRed said:

the fetus?

Feti? 

Fetuses. One of the exceptions to the Latin plural rules in common usage.

Aside from that, I agree that the likelihood of success is pretty much nil. Then again, people write mpreg stories, and that’s just as improbable, so who am I to get picky? :lol: 

3 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Fetuses. One of the exceptions to the Latin plural rules in common usage.

Aside from that, I agree that the likelihood of success is pretty much nil. Then again, people write mpreg stories, and that’s just as improbable, so who am I to get picky? :lol: 

Thank you :D

Mpreg? is that what I think it is? Artificial wombs would be the best method or even a full on reproduction bot would work better.Unless I’m completely wrong about what the M means. Well Moon Preg could be interesting.

Man: Honey I got the moon pregnant.

*dies laughing*

8 hours ago, InvidiaRed said:

Man: Honey I got the moon pregnant.

Mpreg is shorthand for male pregnancy, otherwise known as “not another ass baby!” :lol: 

lol you guys always crack me up ^_^

Thinking on both the sides of real world and real ish movie etc world, this has been a topic that always interested me on a number of levels.

There is a Indie movie (dont know the name) where an alien race had invaded earth and was using women as incubators for different breeds of alien troops etc. 

Though it did not say in what way, if it was just an embryo implanted like a normal pregnancy or if it was a kind of egg that just needed a warm place to sit.

It also got me thinking, if this method could be used to increase populations of X species and bring them back from the brink of extinction or what have you. 

1 hour ago, SirGeneralSir said:

lol you guys always crack me up ^_^

Thinking on both the sides of real world and real ish movie etc world, this has been a topic that always interested me on a number of levels.

There is a Indie movie (dont know the name) where an alien race had invaded earth and was using women as incubators for different breeds of alien troops etc. 

Though it did not say in what way, if it was just an embryo implanted like a normal pregnancy or if it was a kind of egg that just needed a warm place to sit.

It also got me thinking, if this method could be used to increase populations of X species and bring them back from the brink of extinction or what have you. 

Well Resurgent biology is still mostly theoretical(De-Extinction has been making strides) but if you can literally bring back a dead species. (Biological-Necromancy sounds like a much better title than this boring as hell De-Extinction)

A civilization of that level (traversing space with ease)should have no problem overcoming most biological hurdles except perhaps hard-coded genetic ones.  At this point, Any species with this level are technically biological gods. With intrinsic and esoteric knowledge of not just biology but intimate knowledge and understanding of the very strands of life itself.

So yes, That could work by doing something staunchly amoral I.G lets not bring our bio-lab how about we just use the nearest reproductive of the dominant species analogue as our lab.

Short answer yes at least theoretically valid.

Long answer. Even a highly advanced civilization should recognize testing on species technologically below them is a frankly terrible idea.  Such data while certainly valuable is not worth the chance of not only pissing off your galactic neighbors. Said neighbors aren’t always going to be below you on the tech scale. And nothing ruins a galactic empire/ republic.

Quite like inadvertently motivating said abused species to come after you like space locust wasp mongols.

Edited by InvidiaRed
Clarity

18 hours ago, BronxWench said:

*dies laughing*

Mpreg is shorthand for male pregnancy, otherwise known as “not another ass baby!” :lol: 

His wife probably wears a full body condom while she wears a multilayered hazmat suit. If he can preggo the moon. There’s no telling what he’s actually capable of. Sudden pregnancy? Only the lord knows what’ll happen if the vampire gynoids from the future manage to snatch him.

I should start a petition for Mpreg to be fully changed to mean Moon Preg.