Click Here!

Cannot Edit in Manage Currently Reading

Guest YumiRitsua

Guest YumiRitsua

Hello!

I have been a member since 2014.

Anytime I try and edit information in the body of an old entry, I get an error message that says invalid story ID.

I retype the story ID and resubmit and get the same message.

Sometimes I retype all the information, the author, and their ID as well.

The only way I have found that allows me to make my edits is making a completely new entry, which gets pretty annoying.

This did not used to happen before, but has happened for the last 4 years or so now.

I’ve tried on different devices and browsers, cleared my cookies, the whole nine, everything I can think of and still nothing.

I think it's safe to say this is a website issue. When will this be fixed?

At the very top should be a dropdown for the subdomain where the story is posted. It may be defaulting to Anime, which would be why you are getting an error, unless the story is in the Anime subdomain.

It’s frustrating to have it default to Anime when you’re only editing, I agree. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to have to refer this to @DemonGoddess and @manta2g who are the code experts. The issue I’ve seen in the past is that reset to Anime anytime you edit in Currently Reading, but if your subdomain isn’t automatically resetting to Anime, and you’re changing nothing but the body text, then I’m stumped.

Update: Having finally had the time, I set up a test via my own account, and when I tried to edit text in the body, I experienced the same problem. I reset the subdomain, re-entered the story ID, and still was told I needed to add a valid story ID. Retyping the story ID did not solve the issue. So, I’m verifying that this is a legitimate glitch with editing in the Currently Reading section of the Member Profile.

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.