Click Here!

The Dursleys raised Harry as their own

Guest HermionePegger

Guest HermionePegger

I’ve had a ton of story ideas pop up while I’ve been away from writing, and this is one that I like the idea of but it’s probably a long term one that I just don’t feel up to.

What if the Dursleys had actually done as Dumbledore had asked and raised Harry as their own child? Petunia was able to put aside her jealousy of Lily getting to join the world she always wanted to be part of, and persuaded Vernon that if the child was magical it could mean an easy life for them when he grows up. She would likely appeal to his avarice by telling him how readily available gold and silver was to wizards (the exchange rate of 1 galleon = 5 pounds has never made sense to me). The benefits of an adult wizard to a muggle family would probably be huge.

What would this mean for Harry? No longer a downtrodden, unwanted pest, he’s actually raised the same as Dudley. He grows up to feel entitled, sure of himself and always looking for alliances that will keep him where he believes he should be, on top of the pile. A Slytherin, in other words. When the hat gives him the choice, it’s what he picks. Dumbledore is thunderstruck, Snape is thoughtful. When he goes to the Slytherin common room that night to talk to the new students about being a Slytherin, he talks to Harry alone. He sees the chance of turning James Potter’s son into a classic Slytherin as the ultimate revenge, and so he, like Petunia, is able to put aside his initial feelings of dislike.

I see him being better friends with Zabini than Malfoy, though Malfoy would be far too useful an ally to discard. He’d also be an object of interest to the girls. He’d probably enjoy Pansy Parkinson’s fawning, though he’s still Harry, so he’d be unlikely to want much to do with someone so obviously trying to curry favour with him in terms of a romantic relationship.

Harry’s also a bit of a dirty little perv. He’s been dreaming about seeing his female classmates naked for years before coming to Hogwarts. He and Blaise are quite charming together, and manage to persuade the girls in their year (your choice who) to play games like Doctor, strip card games, etc. You can also have him sneaking around to get glimpses of them in various states of undress. First year would likely go no further than some touching, maybe some masturbation.

That’s sort of where my thoughts have brought me to and I haven’t put any more thought into it for future years. Hopefully someone finds this idea interesting, and if you wanted to collaborate on it then I’d be up for trading suggestions, I just don’t have time for the actual writing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.