Click Here!

Can't find my email address/need to reset account

Guest Voidmancer

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Guest Help said:

I had an account years ago and wrote a story years ago but I don't remember the email address 

What was your pen name?

• 1 month later...
Guest Teris

Hi,
I signed up more than a decade ago.  As far as I know I’ve got the right e-mail/password but when it comes to updating my account to the new user interface I can’t get past the name/birthdate/pen name screen (not sure if I’m screwing up the name fields or what, as I can’t remember what I used when I signed up).  Never got the confirmation e-mail.  Attempting to resend the activation gets me an error as well.  Any chance you can help me get into my account please?

The pen name is: Teris Xenite

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

One of the issues might be that your email client is Microsoft’s Hotmail. After the data breach last year, Microsoft made some changes and the end result is that our archive code doesn’t play well with Hotmail, Outlook, or Live.com email clients. We’ve had success doing a temporary change of email to a gmail account, which does work with our activation and reset confirmation emails. Once you have successfully reactivated the account, you can always change the email address back.

If you want to try with a different email address, I would strongly recommend you send that to us via our staff email: tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. Spambots can and do harvest email addresses from public forum boards, and no one likes spam emails.

As far as the fields, the only one that’s particularly specific is the birthdate field. The format requires a 4-digit year, a 2-digit month, and a 2-digit day, all separated by dashes. As an example, if your birthday was July 11, 1986, you would enter that as 1986-07-11. Pen names and names now require an underscore between words, so you would enter your pen name as Teris_Xenite.

I hope that helps!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.