Click Here!

AFF Holiday Party

Tcr

13 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Yay!

Again Yay!

If you wanted to delete the standalone copy and re-post it in the compliation thread I can repost my review no bother!

Nah!, I wrote that as a standalonish. I have an idea not related to Holiday canon

9 hours ago, JayDee said:

Ah! “Holiday Non-Canon” begins!

Master Override

When Cybersort Industries’s AI murdered its CEO and shareholders. That was supposed to be the end of biological interference.  So what’s a silver eyed fellow doing intruding on gifting day?

TBA

On 12/18/2020 at 2:36 AM, JayDee said:

1000 words. Actual sensible story unlike last year’s confusing garbage I shat out!

Aw, I liked Memories.  True, it requires some prior reading, hence why some folks didn’t “get” it, but I thought it was a really sweet story, and I don’t think you should feel bad about it. :)

Edited by InBrightestDay

They don’t ask for much of us with these holiday stories, but they do ask for Oneshots. If I contribute a story without realising it makes no sense as a oneshot then I’ve failed miserably. A harder hearted story host would have deleted it and banned me from doing any more. I made a lot more effort getting the Halloween one to stand alone, and if I manage to get my current Christmas attempt finished it hopefully will too. I’m mostly just hoping to get enjoying everyone else’s out of this one!

Edited by JayDee

15 hours ago, JayDee said:

They don’t ask for much of us with these holiday stories, but they do ask for Oneshots. If I contribute a story without realising it makes no sense as a oneshot then I’ve failed miserably. A harder hearted story host would have deleted it and banned me from doing any more. I made a lot more effort getting the Halloween one to stand alone, and if I manage to get my current Christmas attempt finished it hopefully will too. I’m mostly just hoping to get enjoying everyone else’s out of this one!

You are far too disparaging and harsh with yourself. Be good to yourself JayDee.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:46 AM, InBrightestDay said:

Aw, I liked Memories.  True, it requires some prior reading, hence why some folks didn’t “get” it, but I thought it was a really sweet story, and I don’t think you should feel bad about it. :)

I also thought that it was not that confusing. Just some minor edits and I would been totally stand alone...but JayDee wrote in those dark times when he didn’t know you could edit contributions to collections of stories.

Speaking about something else...I do have an entry in progress for this year that will finish on time. If somebody would be around for exchange of beta services it might turn into an even better. Anyone that feel up for it?

Edited by Thundercloud

3 hours ago, Sinfulwolf said:

Will try and get something finished for a party, but I’ve got so many damn projects on the go right now. When will the due date be?

Due date? This isn’t homework, ya know. But I suppose if you want people to be in the holiday spirit when they read it, you might want to post it by New Year’s or thereabouts.

21 hours ago, Thundercloud said:

Speaking about something else...I do have an entry in progress for this year that will finish on time. If somebody would be around for exchange of beta services it might turn into an even better. Anyone that feel up for it?

I ain’t much good at beta’ing. :(

12 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Due date? This isn’t homework, ya know. But I suppose if you want people to be in the holiday spirit when they read it, you might want to post it by New Year’s or thereabouts.

Sir! Sir! My werewolf ate my story sir. Then threw it up. Then ate it again.

23 hours ago, Thundercloud said:

If you just mean you need someone to proofread, I can do that.

Just a quick update here.  A lot is happening around my house, including trying to write something else as kind of a surprise for someone, and just feeling like I’m being crushed by work, so in spite of the fact that it takes place on Christmas, Meaningful Gifts is probably going to be up on or around New Year’s instead.

I’m really sorry about this, but then again I feel like the same thing happened with Moonlit Snow, so evidently this is just a thing that happens with my holiday stories.

On 12/24/2020 at 5:08 AM, InBrightestDay said:

Just a quick update here.  A lot is happening around my house, including trying to write something else as kind of a surprise for someone, and just feeling like I’m being crushed by work, so in spite of the fact that it takes place on Christmas, Meaningful Gifts is probably going to be up on or around New Year’s instead.

I’m really sorry about this, but then again I feel like the same thing happened with Moonlit Snow, so evidently this is just a thing that happens with my holiday stories.

Don’t burn yourself out! Take it nice and slow, enjoy Christmas and I am sure MG will be as worth the wait as MS was.

As for me, my flashfics both floundered so unless I can come up with something else and get it done I’m gonna have to miss, but with two great stories so far and several on the way it’ll still be a solid party!

8 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Update: I came up with a flashfic I could do, planned it out and came up with some great lines in my head.

Then I played Cyberpunk 2077 for eight hours.

Um.

Whoops.

Lots of time left until the New Year...maybe a parody flashfic based on things/bugs happening in Cyberpunk 2077?

7 minutes ago, Thundercloud said:

Lots of time left until the New Year...maybe a parody flashfic based on things/bugs happening in Cyberpunk 2077?

Original stories only :) But I’m playing it on PC not console so it’s been feeling not too bad. Sure, some glitches but so far nothing worse than Skyrim still has today.

On 12/26/2020 at 2:04 PM, JayDee said:

Original stories only :) But I’m playing it on PC not console so it’s been feeling not too bad. Sure, some glitches but so far nothing worse than Skyrim still has today.

The horse mauling anything that vaguely looks in the pc’s general direction is a feature not a bug.

19 hours ago, InvidiaRed said:

The horse mauling anything that vaguely looks in the pc’s general direction is a feature not a bug.

“We tried to hide behind the mountains. The horse came over it.”

12 hours ago, InvidiaRed said:

Master Override Completed! :)

Whoohoo! I hope to read it tomorrow!

Managed a 3000 word first draft here of the flashfic idea I had the other day. Kinda went over the flashfic part. Choppy as hell, lacking tons of detail, but basically ok.

Gives me time to try and get it turned into a non-confusing thing with enough detail to be worth reading by the 31st! Fingers crossed!