Click Here!

Possible troll

Guest Guest

Hello.

The “story” was posted three years ago: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600098836

While it’s possible this is meant to be some form of satire, I personally find including such individuals as Dylann Roof in fan fiction offensive, especially as the “story” in question was published to the site six months (almost to the day) after the white supremacist committed his acts of murder.

Regardless, it is not my opinion, but the moderators’ which matters. Material that may appear to be inflammatory to me may not be deemed so in a more general sense to the HP fandom/AFF site as a whole.

The account: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296970186

The “story” is the only posting attributed to “BowlcutBronie” via the profile. It was posted the same day the account was created.

AFF has always been free of censorship, and while we will not allow anything that is clearly illegal to remain on the site, this story does not meet that threshold. It is tagged for controversial content, and clearly indicates it will have content about Dylann Roof by virtue of the title. It is properly disclaimed as per our Terms of Service. It is not written in a manner designed to incite violence against any particular body of people on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or sexuality.

Will some readers find it offensive? Absolutely, and that can be said of a great many stories posted on AFF. That’s precisely why we endeavor to ensure every story is properly tagged, so readers can avoid content they would find distasteful. In this case, the title of the story should serve as adequate notice, along with the Contro tag. Having read this again before responding here, I will continue to allow the story to remain in the archive. Whether it is a form of parody, or an act of catharsis is for the author to know. 

2 hours ago, JayDee said:

A quick google shows fanfiction.net also has a copy. Their standards for adult content sure are flexible sometimes!

Wait, The Pit has standards? :blink: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.