Click Here!

Can't reset password?

ragingspeed

So I logged into my old account, and changed the email to my new email. But I’ve forgotten the password as it didnt save in my browser, now when I try and reset it on my new email it comes up with .

The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering

I should note I am receiving notifications on my new email from

postmaster@adultfanfiction.net

Oh, nope. You shouldn’t be getting anything from that address at all. Our password reset notifications should be coming from anonymous@affnet.nexcess.net. Take a peek in the Spam or Junk folder and see if there’s anything from that email address.

Unfortunately, I can’t see passwords. That level of database access is reserved for my admin, @DemonGoddess who might be able to shed more light onto this problem. She’s been away visiting family, but hopefully she’ll be able to tell us what’s going on.

I’ve reached out to her, so she’ll be on this. This was her first downtime in I don’t know how long—she’s been doing doubles and triples at work for nearly two years, so let’s hope it was a good vacation!

• 4 weeks later...

I’m working 16+ hours a day right now.  Next day after I got back, I worked 83 hours in 5 days.  95 hours the next 7 days.  So, yeah, been a little busy.  Looks like you logged in last on September 1st.  You are using a gmail account for the archive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The issue with the Hotmail email addresses should be resolved. As far as logging in, where is the problem? Is it a forgotten password? If so, I’ll need to have our tech admin check that for you, since  I can’t access the database directly to see passwords.

Is this the link you are using? I’ve been able to reset myself with this link: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php

Just a few reminders about passwords; they need to be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, no punctuation or special characters, and they are case sensitive.

I’ve no idea why it’s happening, but I suspect it’s to do with the Hotmail email address. Microsoft tightened its security for its email clients after last year’s breach, and it’s had the unfortunate side effect of creating havoc for us. Our hosting company had taken steps to resolve the issue, but if Microsoft made any new tweaks, we may be back to issues again.

Hopefully @DemonGoddess can shed some light on this, since she is the tech admin, and far more savvy.

9 minutes ago, Guest Cruel_Hero said:

This is the exact same problem I’ve been having for the past almost 2 years.

Are you using Hotmail, Outlook, or Live.com as well? Every bit of information helps us in trying to identify and correct issues.

• 2 months later...

If you’ll pardon me, I just reset my password for this website, but I can’t seem to do the same for the website where all the stories are.  I went through the process of resetting it there and it said that it reset, but every time I try to log in there, instead of seeing my username in the corner, all I get is the login option.  What am I doing wrong?

I’m just going to check a couple of things with you.

Is your password between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long? Does it have any punctuation or special characters (those aren’t allowed in the archive passwords)? Did you remember to capitalize where needed?

When I log in, because I jump between the moderator account and my personal account on the archive, I use a dropdown to choose my correct email address for the account I want to use. Can you see your email address in the dropdown? If so, highlight it and then type in the password in the correct field. Click “Log In” and it should work.

To answer your questions in order:

• It’s 20 characters long
  • It does have some punctuation and special characters (I was using a password generator)
  • It does have capitalized and lowercase letters.

• 3 months later...
Guest blueharlequin

hi,

I'm trying to reset my password and it has been some time since I have accessed my account. I am having the same problem as KJakkano82. The reset link keeps saying it's no longer valid the moment after it's sent. I also have a hotmail address and I am trying to log in to specifically change it.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, Guest blueharlequin said:

hi,

I'm trying to reset my password and it has been some time since I have accessed my account. I am having the same problem as KJakkano82. The reset link keeps saying it's no longer valid the moment after it's sent. I also have a hotmail address and I am trying to log in to specifically change it.

Hi,

If you can email us at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org with the email address you’d like to use, I can change that for you so you can reset your password. I’ll let you know by reply email when I’ve made the update to your account.

Guest knight

Returning member after a long absent. 8-1-20 Followed steps to reactivate account, had problems there with birthdate, figured it out, update account with new email, password and actually logged in and posted. Today, 8-13 I can’t log in, did notice the password was wrong from the one I chose, tried logging in with that one, didn’t work. Tried resetting password...email come from postmaster@  and not anonymous as stated from BronxWench both come back as password system error. Help please.

Also, I now have 2 profiles :( after the reactivation. Latest one created on 8-1-20

Couldn’t even log in for this 

username: knight

email” knightrise@yahoo.com

TIA

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.