Click Here!

Password Reset

Guest Eggburtshamslice

Guest Eggburtshamslice

Why the hell can’t I reset my password?  The link doesn’t work and can’t get in contact with any admins.  What the hell is going on?

Hi,

If this is you, then the issue is the ongoing one we’ve been having with Microsoft and its Hotmail, Outlook, and Live.com email clients. Another member who is a system developer has explained it far better than I could (something about the ATP Safe Link) here.

The long and short of it is that at present, we’ve been able to help folks reset their passwords by making a temporary change of email address to a gmail account. Once the password is reset, the member can then change the email address to anything they want. It’s frustrating, I know, and if you are unable to access the account to change your email address, I can do that much for you. I don’t have access to passwords, however. You can email me at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org with the email address to use, and I’ll make the change for you and let you know when it’s done. Then you can reset your password, and change your email address back as you please.

Guest Eggburtshamslice

Yep, it’s me.  I was just flabbergasted and flustered because first I got notified my password was stolen, then I was getting these ‘ransom’ email things,  and then, when I couldn’t change the password, I kinda lost it.   Appreciate the response; I’ll be shooting you an email shortly. Thanks again.

I’d report the ransom email’s Bitcoin wallet to Bitcoin, as per that thread I linked. I did it with the one AFF got, and it was rather gratifying to see all the other reports for that same wallet. It’s a bluff, he has no video of you, and while I still recommend changing your password just because it’s a good idea to change passwords regularly, I wouldn’t worry too much about the sextortionist.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.