Click Here!

I goofed. Is there a way to reorder uploaded chapters?

Okay, so this one’s either the result of:

• Updating while half-conscious from pain medicine while awaiting extraction of a particularly painful wisdom tooth, or
  • The consequence of several mini blonde moments combining into one super-mega blonde moment.

Apparently while updating A New Lease on Life I...missed...a couple chapters...and I just realized they’re missing...roughly twenty uploaded chapters later. :jaw: If I hadn’t noticed that the numbers in the titles and on the chapter list were matching up even worse than usual, I may never have noticed. (I include a short Prologue with long-haul stories like this one so the chapters always run a number or two behind the automatic site numbering, but the discrepancy here was clearly off.) I completely missed those two chaps, or perhaps they didn’t upload properly because I fell asleep at the keyboard...again.

Yeah. Not one of my finer moments as a writer, but fortunately, it’s not one of my worst, either, since the word “moist” didn’t come into play.

Anyway, I’ve gone back, edited the two missing chapters in Word, and uploaded them to the site, but they automatically uploaded to the end of the list and I haven’t found a way to reorder the chapters. It’s possible I’m just missing the option (I’m severely under-rested and equally under-caffeinated) and I wanted to ask around before resorting to deleting EVERYTHING back to the missing chapters and re-uploading everything one-by-one. Is there a way to get my chapters back in their proper order quickly and painlessly, or is the delete/reupload thing my only shot at fixing this? (Not gonna lie – if that’s my only option I’m probably gonna need a nap and a drink first...and it’ll take a week or longer...and I’m probably gonna cry like a ninny from frustration before I’m done.)

Story in question: A New Lease on Life - http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095128&chapter=1

[ automatic numbering actual chapter number: Title ]

• Chapters uploaded in correct order: 1 – Prologue through 23 – 22: Borrowed Words
  • Missed Chapter:    – 23: The Truth Can Hurt
  • Uploaded in correct order: 24 – 24: Plans and Promises and 25 – 25: Loyalty Wears Many Faces
  • Missed Chapter:    – 26: Renovation, Revelation, Realization
  • Uploaded in correct order: 26 – 27: A Taste Without Tears through  47 – 48: Did I Have a Dream, or Did the Dream Have Me?

The two missing chapters have uploaded at the end of the chapter list; I’ve marked them with “OOPS” in the titles. If anyone can help me fix this foul-up or advise me on how to do so, I’d be most appreciative.

...off the record, my naturally blond husband wants to bleach my hair to give my “blonde moments” some legitimacy. I’m far too brunette to get away with them when he never has any. :eyebrow:

You know, I’m not at all sure there is a way to move chapters around. It might be possible, but I have to defer to @DemonGoddess for that one.

On an unrelated note, I absolutely adore your posts. I just let me hair go naturally gray and resort to pleading insanity. :lol:

9 hours ago, BronxWench said:

On an unrelated note, I absolutely adore your posts.

Oh? Would that be on account of my natural snark, or my awkward tendency to attempt simple online tasks, fail in ridiculous ways, and laugh about it while begging for help? :rolleyes: (Either way, thank you!)

10 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I just let me hair go naturally gray and resort to pleading insanity. :lol:

That’s definitely one way to go. :D I spent too many years as a ‘summer blonde’ for my hubby Cold to accept insanity as a possible answer...although he may be tempted to change that tune at this rate.

Thanks for your advice. So...uh...technical noob here...do I message/email this lovely admin you tagged, or was the tag itself some sort of Bat Signal calling her to the thread? :errm: (Yes. I suck at technology that hard. It’d be embarrassing if I actually had an ego.)

I’m hoping I Bat-signaled DG, who has been working ridiculous hours in her real-life job. But if there’s a way to reorder things, she’ll be able to tell us. 

8 hours ago, Ghost-of-a-Chance said:

Oh? Would that be on account of my natural snark, or my awkward tendency to attempt simple online tasks, fail in ridiculous ways, and laugh about it while begging for help? :rolleyes: (Either way, thank you!)

I adore snark, have been known to waffle the easiest things online (while managing to execute far more complex tasks without any apparent effort, and I refer to my life as “Issues-R-Us” because, well, it is. Insanity was the only logical response, I think. :lol:

And you’re welcome! Now let’s see if I can find a solution, which would be truly helpful! :D 

You’re officially awesome. :D

• 1 month later...

Um...any news?

...it’s starting to look like I’ll have to go back and delete chapters.

Thank you very much. :safetocomeout: I’m finally starting to get embarrassed about this mistake. Took a while, huh?

• 3 months later...

Not meaning to sound impatient or anything, but I wanted to let you know the problem’s resolved. I saved then deleted chapters back to the first missed one and am reposting everything in the correct order. Now that I have a computer which isn’t outrun by drunken half-dead snails, reposting a few chapters an hour is possible. :w00t: (My old “Betsy” was, I believe, a 2011 model if that says anything. It’s her time. She needs to be allowed to rest.)

BronxWench, thanks for your time and for trying to help. I much appreciate it. 

:happykitten:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.