Click Here!

Can’t reset password

Guest Banter

Guest Banter

Howdy.  I’ve not been on in a decade, but was hoping to pick up my old fic again.  Unfortunately, the system won’t let me log in, and when I try to reset my password, the system says there’s no account with that email address.  It’s the only address I’ve used in the past ten years, and I have emails that AFF has sent to it.  Has my account been deleted despite KotOR: Orin Dakall still being up?

Thanks for your help,

banter

Hi, and welcome back!

Your account is still there. It’s just that we’ve had a few updates to the archive code since you last logged in, and you need to reactivate. We have a FAQ that explains what you need to do: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/29595-existing-users-logging-in-for-the-1st-time-in-the-new-system/

It should go fairly smoothly, but if you run into any issues reactivating and making a new password, let us know. One of the bigger changes was to passwords. We now need them to be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no special characters or punctuation permitted. They’re still case sensitive, though, so if you use a capital letter anywhere, you’ll always have to use that capital letter when entering the password.

You can post here on the forums, or you can email us directly at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. (We’ve had a change of domain as well, from adultfanfiction.net to adult-fanfiction.org.)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a suspicion it’s linked to your email account. We’ve been having issues galore with any of the Microsoft email services, like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live.com. I’m sure you’ve whitelisted AFF all over the place, with Windows, your anti-virus/malware, your browser of choice, and so on. The usual fixes, like clearing cookies and browser histories, don’t seem to fix this, either. I’m hoping DG can come up with a solution to this, because it’s really, really frustrating for anyone using those email services.

PM me if you want to talk privately, and perhaps we can change your email account of record, even temporarily, so you can reset your password.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Guest Scar said:

Hello, I’m having the same problem. I’m trying to reset my PW, but it says the link is no longer valid only after 30 seconds.

Please see this thread:  https://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/72917-read-me-validationpassword-reset-issues/

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.