Click Here!

is there any way I can get back my story?

Guest perfecthought

Guest perfecthought

I havent been on for a while, but when I came on my story was completely deleted! Is there anyway to get it back? For your efforts i will gladly donate a handsome sum! (I am not above bribery)

It would help if you could provide your story title and subdomain, so I can check the status.

If the story was deleted, however, it’s gone for good. We don’t retain copies of anything that’s been deleted. Generally, we give 7 days after a warning before we hide a story, and then at least another 30 days before it would be deleted. 

It took a while to find out what happened--knowing that it had been in Harry Potter would have helped. However, here’s what I discovered.

The story was warned via email on 11/7/2016 for an Author’s Note chapter, consisting of a single line (Chapter 48). When the Author’s Note chapter wasn’t removed, the story was hidden on 11/15/2016. The story was finally deleted for noncompliance on 1/16/2017, which was about 62 days after it had been hidden. As I said above, anything deleted is gone permanently, and can’t be recovered.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.