Click Here!

Excuse me while I gush a bit

Dirty Unicorn

Can I just say it's really nice to have a forum and a writing forum especially where the atmosphere is generally pretty comfortable as well as actually helpful? Like I feel perfectly fine asking staff or other posters a question or for advice, because I’d actually get legit answers with no drama attached. I've been on plenty of forums before, and this is one of the very few that I feel like I'm going to be sticking with. For some reason I've noticed that people who are open about writing adult material come off as much less high-strung then people who don't (or who loudly proclaim to be against it).

TL;DR: Just wanted to show my appreciation to AFF’s forums for being a non-toxic place (if it is, then it’s very well-hidden, lol). I don’t see that very often.

Thank you! Our forum staff works hard to make sure this is a welcoming place, and I know they’ll love hearing from you! :hug:

Anytime, guys! I like to give credit where credit is due, and you definitely deserve it! :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

@CloverReef Yeah, when it comes to a majority of other forums out there (writing ones or not), a friend of mine’s was saying, “You end up needing escapism to get away from your escapism.”

5 hours ago, JayDee said:

People are real polite here. Other people, I mean. I’m pretty unpleasant.

I dunno, I always think of you as sort of fluffy, and sweet… ::ducks and runs away:: :lol:

I think that’s called being human, if we’ve hurt someone’s feelings at some point in our lives. It’s not a harbinger of being an awful person at all.

On the other hand, some people make it a habit to look for hurt in everything that’s said to them. Me, I make it a point to assume the best. I find it terrifies most people when I do that. :lol:

Alright, but how impolite and unpleasant is it to take a positive, upbeat, cheerful and indeed outright gushing thread of praise to the forum and selfishly make a negative comment about oneself?

Exactly! Real unpleasant and downright rude. What kind of toxic asshole would do such a thing? But, yes, other people are just great. Much praise for the admin team, the mod team, and that unquiet spirit that keeps trying to communicate through the black diamonds.

JayDee, genuinely awful person (for further evidence, see An Actor Abducted)

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.