Click Here!

Hidden Story

Guest Ivor Biggun

Guest Ivor Biggun

Hi 

You have hidden my story. You sent me a very vague email stating that I have not conformed to your requirements. You posted links that pertained to disclaimers.You stated that once fixed as per the standard of the disclaimer in the link I could delete the review.

I fixed the disclaimer as I understood it in the link provided and removed the review. You have now hidden my story.

Please advise on why and If there is anything else that needs to be done then please be specific because I am not as psychic as some of the characters portrayed in some of the stories.

Thank You 

I am not an archive moderator, so I can’t tell you exactly what the problem is.

But, I found your story (hidden) and I think the problem is that where is says Disclaimer you need to put the actual disclaimer. It’s not enough to put “for Disclaimer, see Chapter 1”. You need to put the actual disclaimer in the appointed place. 

Fix that, and I am sure that the archive mods will be able to unhide your story later today, when they come on. 

Oh, and on a side note, it would help a lot if you put at least the name of the story, and maybe your username too, in the post to make it easier for the mods to find you and the story in question. 

Okay, let me see if I can clear this up. You’re a new member, and it always takes a little time to adjust to a new site, especially one that’s actively moderated.

I’m not particularly concerned about the disclaimer field directing readers to chapter one. That’s fine, if you have a lengthy disclaimer, which you do. The issue here is that your disclaimer, for your Original work, is missing one key element, although you have a great deal else in the disclaimer. Let’s start with what you have:

“This a work of fiction and fantasy, is intended for mature readers only. This is not real life and as such is not to be acted on. The author does not condone sex without legal consent between two or more parties. I do not own Cabana 6 or the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of this story. I do not own any characters created by celebraties or any other person, but are included here in small quotes for artistic merit only. I do not make any money from these characters.

The Author holds exclusive rights to this work. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited.”

Now, the review you were left reads as follows:

Please correct your disclaimer.

Your disclaimer doesn't have one of the two parts we need to see. It needs to have a resemblance clause. We suggest this format and wording:  Any resemblance to person(s) living or dead is purely coincidental.

What happens if the disclaimer isn't fixed? We allow seven (7) days for the story to be corrected. After that, we hide it, and it will stay hidden until it's corrected or until it's been thirty (30) days since we hid it.  At that point, we do delete the story. If we do hide your story, you can always access it through your Control Panel in your archive profile even while it's hidden. If we do hide your story, and you've fixed it, you can contact the ToS team with the name of your story, your username and the fandom where the story is located to have your story made visible again. You can contact us by email at TOS_team@adult-fanfiction.org. Just one thing: Re-uploads of hidden stories are deleted immediately with no additional warning given.

Here's a link to the Terms of Service:

http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/tos.php

This link is to the FAQ about disclaimers, with some examples:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3560

We also suggest taking a few minutes to read the Content Guidelines:

http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/guidelines.php

You can remove this review once your disclaimer is corrected.

Thank you,”

I’ve highlighted the beginning, where we tell you what’s missing and suggest wording you can use to make the disclaimer compliant. The purpose of that statement is the same as it is for any published work of fiction: to ensure no one reading it sits up and says, “Hey, that’s me they’re talking about! I did that last year!” That leads to emails, and a great deal of grief for all of us, and out in the real world, lawsuits.

So now that I’ve been hugely boring, how can you fix your disclaimer? Let’s take what you have, add what I need, and you can copy and paste that into your story. I’ve used parentheses to indicate what we actually don’t need for an Original work, since you do own it, and can conceivably publish it for money. That no-profit disclaimer applies to fan fictions, where you don’t have permission to profit from any copyrighted material owned by someone else.

This a work of fiction and fantasy, is intended for mature readers only. This is not real life and as such is not to be acted on. Any resemblance of characters to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The author does not condone sex without legal consent between two or more parties. (I do not own Cabana 6 or the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of this story. I do not own any characters created by celebrities or any other person, but are included here in small quotes for artistic merit only. I do not make any money from these characters.)

The Author holds exclusive rights to this work. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited.”

I hope that helps clear up what we need to see, and a bit about why we ask for certain disclaimer statements.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.