Click Here!

I need a poison

SirGeneralSir

So I am working on a story in a LOTR type setting, I need a paralyzing, knock out, sleep poisons that Goblins could use.

Used in darts, gas bombs or put in food.

If real ones exist that would be great, if not …. well meh.

anyone have any in mind that would work for any of these settings?

9 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

So I am working on a story in a LOTR type setting, I need a paralyzing, knock out, sleep poisons that Goblins could use.

Used in darts, gas bombs or put in food.

If real ones exist that would be great, if not …. well meh.

anyone have any in mind that would work for any of these settings?

Define poison. Cause filthy substances technically count on a count of guerilla warfare.

4 minutes ago, SirGeneralSir said:

any kind of toxin (google told me the ones used are types of toxins and its how they work)

though im not going to be picky about it, i just need some used on darts, a gas one and one that can be placed in foods

Any substance that causes harm?

Well, if they’re ambushers. Fecal matter smeared on weapons will induce nasty infected wounds. Rust works too.

Depending on environs. Wild mushrooms run the gamut of harmless to everyone who tasted the stew is already dead.

Depending on the intellect.  Arsenic.

the frankly horrifying effects of generally everything in the nightshade family.

Aconitine The Queen of Poisons

if you’re going more underground. Radioactivity is always a nasty surprise. Considerably so if it's been ingested.

Quicksilver.

Etc...

My first thought for natural knockout drugs was opium poppies. Though I'm not sure how quickly that would take affect and how it would work on a dart. After a quick Google search of paralytic plants I got one invidiared mentioned. Aconite (at least i assume aconite is the same as aconitine?) , but that doesn't just paralyse, like most paralytics it paralyses the heart and kills but maybe not always? Or since its a fantasy setting you can use a little artistic license.

Edited by CloverReef

lol the setting idea is that these Goblins use all these methods, depending on their needs.

if they want to capture you, my thinking is either darts or gas bombs.

if they want to kill you, depending on the how, either something in your food (threw something over everyone's head and into the pot it went) or its on standard weapons.

could also be on a dart to kill a really powerful enemy.

the Kill poisons would have to be ok to eat the “target” after its been killed. (traveling trader has guard with him, guard goes down, goblins eat guard (cooked or not)  while trader runs off)

in some ways its kind of like the Manga “Goblin Slayer” just different…… kind of