Click Here!

Password Reset?

Nightwing

I didn’t see an option for this on my profile but I recently got a piece of spam that had one of my many passwords in the subject line. I still use it here and I was wondering what to do so I can update my password here? Thanks so much!

I think, if you log into your archive profile, and go to your profile page, in the Members menu on the left (I am doing this on a laptop, not a phone, I never use the archive on my phone, so I don’t know how it works) there should be a Reset Password option. Click that, enter your email, and then follow the directions given in the email. The email will not provide you with a new email, if I remember correctly, but it will provide a link back to the archive, where you can enter a new password. Do not use your old password again, because I am pretty sure that still blanks the fields and causes an error. Make up a new password, and then you should be set. 

BUT, please bear in mind that I am the forum moderator, and don’t know fully how the archives work, so if you want to be a hundred percent sure, wait for one of the archive mods to confirm that I’m telling you the right thing :D sorry… 

Hi, @Nightwing

You can reset your password from your Control Panel, but that seems to be having certain technical issues, especially with certain email providers. Yours might be okay, so give it a try and if you have issues, let us know.

So this is what I see when I look at my profile. Pen Name only gives me the option to change it, e-mail gives me the option to change the e-mail but I don’t see “password reset” or “Change password” or anything like that on the menu….

Menu.png

Edit: I figured it out ^^; You have to be logged out before you can request a password reset which is a little odd. So used to being able to change a password whilst signed in.

I don’t know if that’s what BronxWench was referring to but I’m going to check my e-mail now and see if it worked.

13 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Edit: I figured it out ^^; You have to be logged out before you can request a password reset which is a little odd. So used to being able to change a password whilst signed in.

I don’t know if that’s what BronxWench was referring to but I’m going to check my e-mail now and see if it worked.

Oh, I do hope it worked. This used to be simpler, really… but if it doesn’t work for you, we can ask DemonGoddess061 to make the change in the database directly. You would need to email her directly at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org. She’s the only one who accesses that email address.

We’ve been having issues with Hotmail, Outlook and Live email addresses. Microsoft hates us.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, BronxWench said:

Oh, I do hope it worked. This used to be simpler, really… but if it doesn’t work for you, we can ask DemonGoddess061 to make the change in the database directly. You would need to email her directly at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org. She’s the only one who accesses that email address.

We’ve been having issues with Hotmail, Outlook and Live email addresses. Microsoft hates us.

Yes it did! It was just odd to do it that way.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.