Click Here!

A Question on the Rules

Mal

I was hoping one of our moderators could answer a couple of questions I have about the rules, specifically rules involving celebrity, or real person fiction and posting stories to the archive and about the forum itself.

First, I am currently in the middle of working on a very dark, very twisted tale involving a celebrity. I won’t go into the details unless you need me to. But, I’m curious to know if there are there any content tags which are not allowed to be posted in your celebrity archive? I realize the depiction of minors is not allowed. Frankly, I’ve never really been into writing about underage girls, but so far as I am aware, that is the only content tag that isn’t allowed in your archive. Am I correct in this assumption, or are there other content tags which are either not allowed, or that are frowned upon?  

My second question is about the forum itself. I plan to post this new story on a different web sight, especially if it is not allowed in your archive. My question is, since I have a small following of readers who visit my thread. Would I be allowed to post a link to that story, or at least mention the site on which it is posted in the event that I am not allowed to post it here?

That is all for now,

Thanks in advance for answering my questions,

-Mal

Moved to the appropriate forum. 

To answer the second question, we allow the posting of links to your story on other sites, but we prefer that our forums not be used to discuss stories posted on other sites. 

As for the first question, the archive mods will give you a more definite answer, but I think that the only thing we do not allow is the depiction of real people under the age of 18, which would then include celebrities under the age of 18. I think everything else is allowed. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

Aside from the age restriction, there’s no reason you can’t write a celebrity-based fiction as dark as you want. We’ve had some pretty dark celebrity-based stories on AFF, and I will confess that the ONLY time I’ve walked away from a story in tears on this site was a celebrity-based story, very early in my tenure as a moderator here. It was dark even by my standards, and I enjoy dark themes.

Now, for the second part...my recommendation is that you post that link only once in the review thread here, but most definitely NOT in the story itself. Since the story can also be posted here, you can always chat about it on our forum, and our review reply threads are open to readers even if they don’t belong to the AFF forum.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.