Click Here!

Hello!

When I first joined the site I tried adding a profile picture and it didn’t work and that was a while back ago. I tried again two nights? Last night? I even edited a picture of mine to the dimensions that the picture had to be and it still didn’t work. I was using the links that I uploaded to imgur and flickr even tried the https and http by taking out the “s” but to no avail, it didn’t work. I don’t know what else to do and I need help. This is the picture I’ve been trying to upload: 

A New Day A New Beginning cover picture Edit

. Please help me with this issue.

Sincerely,

Sun-Hi

Let me see what I can find out for you. I’m actually having the same issue, and it’s frustrating. (But we need more Cullen around here, so I’m motivated.)

My solution was to load my picture to my forum userpic and then link to the picture loaded on the forum rather than an offsite host. Obviously getting to the bottom of the situation would be ideal but it works for the moment!

Edit: Wait, actually, it was someone else’s solution! I just used it. Now if only I could recall who suggested this…

Edited by JayDee

The forum allows a larger profile picture than the one it re-sizes next to the post, so I have the larger pic there and I can just get the link for the uploaded userpic by right clicking in my profile for link location – http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/uploads/profile/photo-6512.jpg and then paste this into the url field for the userpic over on the archive.

Edit and edit 2 – edited out ‘cos I found what I was rambling about.

Edit 3: Oh, I just realised it only made the avatar smaller on the default theme. On the “Ice Cream Parlor” theme my userpic looks like hammered dogshit.

Edited by JayDee

Ok, to change avatar you go into your own profile and there’s a little square that appears on the default avatar, bottom left corner of the default user pic square. Click this to bring up the upload option. On a previous version of the forum you needed a minimum number of posts to change the avatar, set the text below your name and so on. Don’t know if this is still the case. But, yes, load your picture there, then when loaded click on it to bring it up, right click for the link and then paste the link to the copy loaded on the forum to the archive and it should work just peachy.

PS – that Ice Cream parlor theme is going to haunt my nightmares.

Edited by JayDee

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.