Click Here!

I can't get support HELP!

Guest Lordgriffin

First things first, do you have an archive profile? You need to have an archive profile to be allowed a forum profile. 

Next, please provide us with as much details as possible about what happens when you try to reset your password. That way it will be easier for our Forum Admin to figure out the problem when he comes on. 

And this is the way to contact support, just for future reference. 

Guest Lordgriffin

I have been on this archive since it was started, so I THINK I have a  profile...when I go to “recover password” I put in the e-mail i showed and it sends me the following link

This e-mail is a password change request. If you have not made the
request to change your password please ignore this e-mail. To change
your password please click the link below.
http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php?x=1296992517&y=c44f395795d4ca3f9b192782836b8fe0

When I click on the link it says “this link is no longer valid to reset your password

Hi,

The profile associated with that email address is a very new profile.

One thing that does sometimes cause an issue is if there is an older site cookie which might have been corrupted. What we recommend is that you go into your browser’s settings, remove all AFF related cookies, and clear your browser’s cache and history. Close the browser entirely to make sure those changes take effect, and then restart the browser. You should be able to log in, or to reset your password without any issues.

Another issue might be the password itself. It should be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no special characters or symbols, including punctuation. It;s also case sensitive, so make sure you haven’t inadvertently left your caps lock on when typing it in.

For future reference, you can also contact the archive staff via email at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org.

Honestly? I can’t answer that. We do have many members who still use hotmail or Outlook, although I will confess I am not one of them.

Please email me at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org so we can discuss this without having to post emails and such on a public forum for all the spambots to see. 

Edited by BronxWench

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem but my account is old. Like a couple of years old. I can get access to my forums account but not my account on the main AFF website.

When I try to recover the password for this account, I get an error saying that the password link is invaid. Its a live(hotmail) account.

Can I recover it somehow?

@Red Ghost I’ve emailed you. I’m really not sure if the issue is linked to hotmail accounts and/or Outlook, but I do know we have, historically, had huge issues with Microsoft browsers. Edge seems to be working well enough, but Internet Explorer was dreadful and kicked in so many issues. It doesn’t seem very far-fetched to think the Microsoft email products would have conflicts with our site, too. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.