Click Here!

Resetting password doesn't work

Guest GenmaKoi

Guest GenmaKoi

Hello, I have just found my account, ported from FF. Net. I used the password reset link for the email which I listed in my profile (author name GenmaKoi) I have received the email with a link to reset password. I have followed the instructions to do so, went to log in and the site keeps taking me to reset password page. I have followed the reset password instructions again, and the site gave the "server error". 

I have tried to log in in Incognito mode (no old cookies) and keep being sent to password reset page. 

Please help! Email address is Genmakoi@gmail.com 

Many thanks

Hi,

If this is you, then you need to revalidate your account under the new archive software. I’m showing the account as last active on 3/30/2010, and we’ve done a couple of updates since then.

This FAQ should help with revalidating your account, with apologies for the missing screenshots. For reason, the screenshots still appear on the new user instructions, though. We’re happy to help with any issues that might crop up with the revalidation. You can post here or email us at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.com.

Guest GenmaKoi

Thank you very much, all worked! Could you kindly delete a new account I created 2 days ago (before I knew that this site contained authors/stories moved from FF) - name is ShenDaoYaoi. I have uploaded 1 story which is a duplicate of a story on GenmaKoi's account (which I can now access) 

20 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I doubt AFF ever moved any stories or user accounts from FF, the two sites are not connected. A whole buncha readers moved their own. If you didn’t set up the account here someone else did.

JayDee is more than correct.  AFF is in no way affiliated with FFN.  If you did not set up the account, we will have to investigate for plagiarism.

4 hours ago, Guest GenmaKoi said:

Thank you very much, all worked! Could you kindly delete a new account I created 2 days ago (before I knew that this site contained authors/stories moved from FF) - name is ShenDaoYaoi. I have uploaded 1 story which is a duplicate of a story on GenmaKoi's account (which I can now access) 

I’ve deleted the ShenDaoYaoi account as requested. I’m very glad you can access your original account once more, and welcome back! :)

41 minutes ago, pittwitch said:

JayDee is more than correct.  AFF is in no way affiliated with FFN.  If you did not set up the account, we will have to investigate for plagiarism.

I think the confusion is dating back to one of FFN’s sporadic purges, when many authors created accounts here and moved or crossposted to AFF. 

Come to that I bet a fair few created an account and forgot about it! “Soon… soon I shall once again share my filthy imaginings with the wor- OOH! SHINY!” Well, alright, mostly just the writers who were also cats. I can’t even remember stuff I did last week, nevermind a decade ago.

Edited by JayDee

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.