Click Here!

I can't log in either

Guest Koira

So, I haven’t logged in in years, but I know my username (Koira), my e-mail address (koira@gmx.net) and my password (not entering that here...).

My problem is that when I enter this information in the little box in the top right of the screen and click on “login”, nothing happens. The page seems to re-load but I’m not logged in. It doesn’t give me an “you can’t log in because...”-type error message either.

I’ve tried different login options (the little box and the page), hitting enter instead of clicking on the button itself, using different browsers, and re-setting my password. Nothing seems to help… Can you? Thanks, guys!

I think there are a couple of things we can try.

The first is to clear any and all old cookies lurking about in your browser. Clear all AFF cookies from your browser’s history and cache, and then close the browser to make sure those changes actually happen. AFF will reset cookies for you, and the subdomains actually require a reset every month in the form of confirming you are over 18. 

The second thing is your password. Somewhere between your last login and now, we changed the way passwords work. Passwords need to be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no special characters, and they are, as always, case sensitive. Additionally, if you reset your password using the existing password, it blanks the field and forces a reset yet again. So, once you’ve eliminated the potential issue of old or currupt cookie strings, this would be the next thing to check, to make sure your password actually fits the requirements. 

You should see the Login option as an item at the end of the menu bar. It’s a dropdown, and you need to input your email address and password, and then click the login button. The Login item at the end of the menu bar should now show your pen name if login was successful.

If these steps don’t help, let me know and we’ll see what else it could be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply and your help so far.

Unfortunately, it still hasn’t worked. I have cleared cache and cookies, no success. I’ve tried this in both Chromium and Firefox just to make sure.

When I reset my password a couple of weeks ago, I did use a different one (yeah, okay, the same one with an additional exclamation point at the end...) and it should adher to the password standards.

The last time I logged in was definitely 2014 or so, because I can see that in my story updates. So that was the new system and I won’t need to update my account or anything, right?

It’s really weird. It’d be fine if the website just rejected my login and gave me a reason. I’d know what to do with that. But instead, it simply reloads the page and I’m still not logged in   -_-”

The exclamation point is one of the characters we don’t allow any longer in the password field (and since I’m not a coder, I can’t tell you why). It has to be letters and/or numbers only, no punctuation or special characters permitted. Maybe that’s the issue?

Awesome! Thank you so much! I don’t know if that was the issue, but I reset my password again (to the old one, which was the one that didn’t work originally) and for some reason it actually logged me in this time… -__-” Well, the ways of the force are mysterious.

Thanks again and I hope I won’t have to bother you anymore :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.