Click Here!

InvidiaRed's review responses

InvidiaRed

6 hours ago, JayDee said:

If Glykon turns out to secretly be the villain behind all the bad stuff I’ll be dead disappointed.

While Glykon knows much more than he lets on and a bit of a Klepto. No one is asking the right questions.

Nope, He’s there for genuine altruistic reasons. Duncan is his actual grandpappy. And you can guess who his pappy is.

From JayDee on April 18, 2021

Glykon is best boy! Riding around like a goddamn feather boa on a giant! Healing the heck out of the big ol’ fluffer. Literally every time Glykon is speaking or doing something is awesome. I wanna see the further adventures of the snake with the puppets. This isn’t exaggerated hyperbole, Glykon really is great and you’ve done just amazing with the character, his dialogue and actions. Glykon was a genius to invoke the same being who envenomed the great wolf.

I wasn’t sure if the double negative near the start – ‘mother didn't not have serpent eyes’ – was intentional.

She’s a being that doesn’t quite fit in either place. Hel doesn’t quite fit either being a goddess of the old and the infirm, the normies who couldn’t die gloriously on the battlefield and head for Valhalla they all end up at her hearth.

In a sense she’s the original Helga Hufflepuff. The one who got everyone else but cares for them all the same. Of all the asgard she is the closest to humanity. The old and the infirm like to talk and so she is aware of things happening on midgard second to Odin.

Asgardians tolerate her but they have all heard the eddas from the skalds of old. They all are very aware on how the story ends. So much fear because of prophecy. Prophecy is being broken is irrelevant. You could say she’s outgrowing her role.There is fear there who will she become… Or who did she became?

After all, it could be the way Hel thinks of things, and similarly when there’s the mention near the end of part 2 of the warship having IBMs – was this meant to be ICBMs or is there an IBM weapon I didn’t know about? (I had an image of it showing up with some old 386s running Doom, although IBM have made much more than that) Techincally one doesn’t have to put the C. I’ll fix it
Duncan having a lawyer and that lawyer working with Hollywood to appear in the exorcist movies was kinda an unexpected twist. Has this been stealth Exorcist fanfiction all along? An ancient god was flattered that humanity remembered just don’t bring up the sequel lul. He messed with the cast when he could’ve done so much worse(The actualy movie set had enough spooky set going on that it was considered Haunted Is there any cocksucking in Hel or is she more of a ladies Goddess of Death? Putting a label on a deity is a bit hubristic but Hel fell for a being that similar to herself. Someone who could understand her dualistic nature and Melione in particular is both Olympic and Underworld, A goddess of madness,nightmares and of the restless dead.  Hel is sterile and can’t have kids but like her mother she is loyal to her partner.( In that sense she’s the closest to Duncan)

They got catching up to do.

Fenrir was a strong second favorite character here – badly wounded, just getting the fuck on with it without complaining. Getting your assbeat and seeing your own death tends to cause reflection. He found a being he couldn’t overpower. He knows more than Hel who while in the dark isn’t daft.

The world serpent however beats them both on knowledge.

Did the orb of venom get taken anywhere for a purpose or was it just a bit of toxic waste “Chuck it in a pit and forget about it” disposal? Its primordial nature lent itself well to creation. That’s where most of Glykon’s power went. Changing it into a palm tree,  Fun fact, the palm tree is the desert version of the tree of life. Glykon couldn’t cure the venom so he merely made it something else. Something much less dangerous but also showcasing that this supposedly dead goddess isn’t quite gone. (Aka another incarnation of Duncan)

“She was a monstrosity, Lucifer would absolutly and resolutely admit he had never been so flaccid in his life. The sight of her alone made Lucifer feel like he should try dick.” Lamashtu is ‘the” original bogey man the goddess of sudden infant death syndrome. A monster of the ancient world grown mighty and unbowed and one of the few surviving children of Anu. No one not even the angels themselves at their strongest ever managed to get close to killing her.

Lucifer is a hedonist and while he may not like humanity. The easy life and comforts humanity has invented and or provided means Lucifer is very status quo. Unwilling to allow his creature comforts to perish. He’s very much in denial but in his heart of hearts. Prohuman no matter what he says to the contrary.

That line coming out of nowhere was both awesome and hilarious. Fuckin’ nice work!

So… yeah, only negative as before, a bit choppy. Could use maybe a spellcheck. Otherwise some good characterisation and lines bringing it through!

Could you show me where the choppy bits are?

1 hour ago, InvidiaRed said:

After all, it could be the way Hel thinks of things, and similarly when there’s the mention near the end of part 2 of the warship having IBMs – was this meant to be ICBMs or is there an IBM weapon I didn’t know about? (I had an image of it showing up with some old 386s running Doom, although IBM have made much more than that) Techincally one doesn’t have to put the C. I’ll fix it

See, I didn’t know that, s’why I asked :)

I looked into it after you mentioned it, found this – https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2017/12/icbm.html  and I gotta say it’s pretty funny they changed from IBM to ICBM within a year because of nerds making the same mistaken association I did –

A: The original abbreviation for “intercontinental ballistic missile” was indeed “I.B.M.” (with dots), and some standard dictionaries—Merriam-Webster Unabridged, for example—still include both “IBM” and “ICBM” as the abbreviations.

The earliest example we’ve found for either initialism (an abbreviation that’s spoken as letters) is from the July 27, 1954, issue of the Birmingham (AL) News:

“In the year 1960, by the agreed estimate of the Pentagon’s official analysis, the Soviet Union will fly its first intercontinental ballistic missile. That missile, or I.B.M. as the experts call it, will be an accurately guided rocket, comparable to a giant V-2, capable of carrying a hydrogen warhead over a range of 4000 to 5000 miles.”

The earliest example for ICBM that we’ve seen (from the May 30, 1955, issue of Newsweek) explains why the longer term is more common today:

“The Air Force is now calling the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile the ICBM instead of the IBM. Too many people got the missile confused with International Business Machines Corp.”

IBM corp wins the day! Always worth knowing something new.

Could you show me where the choppy bits are?

Yeah, will do – I’m a little busy right now!

• 5 weeks later...

From JayDee on May 17, 2021

Well that's dark! Dismembered and still defiant there for that prisoner was kinda cool - solid description on the heart pulling there. With the mention of the drowned roosters I was making smutty jokes in my head - "It's an AFF story and cocks get wet" etc but I'm guessing that's completely unintended with the dark tones.

Well, fuck them gods right? Down with ragnarok! Those wolves are fun too. Just a badass pack doing wolf stuff for mama.

Mama does not fuck around when it comes to family she plays to win. Everyone else at best falls into the category of acceptable losses if they’re even considered at all even Duncan himself isn’t safe. She will deprive Asgard of that fated glorious last stand even if it means she has to kickstart another apocalypse. If her children live it will have all been worth it.

The next chapter however, Ahriman is providing a challenge, I’ve never written an utter bastard before so I might PM you to at least look it over. @JayDee you portray evil characters so well.

• 3 weeks later...

From JayDee on June 01, 2021

Part 2! (basically the DM comments!)

In terms of fairly brutal helpless darkfic it’s pretty fucking solid. Some interesting ideas -I’ve listed a couple bits that stood out – and it seems to be pushing on your existing storyline. I always figured Lucifer’s big advantage was his cunning and brain though, bit like Loki really. Is he gonna take it lying down?

Absolutely not, He’s more concerned with the fact that for all the hard work he’s done in keeping the status quo that he personally and his poker buddies have done essentially means nothing. Since the main body for the gods has quietly chosen to destroy man. So by securing the aid of pretty much the designated bastard. There’s some small glimmer that it won’t all end in tears.  He may act eviler than he truly is but it’s an entirely different thing to be the sextoy and gimp of a god of evil.

For the general MM content – I’ve written a lot less of this so you might be better asking someone with a lot more writing experience to look it over.

MORE SPOILER LIKE COMMENTS

This Zahhak snake guy is way less funny to be around than the snake with puppets dude! But, not a complaint, you’re going for darkfic, right? Anyway, seems like these bunker dwelling assholes probably had it coming. Generally good guys don’t get bunkers. So, fuck ‘em. Let the god of evil have his fun. This is very much a every dog has his day. In this case, while the world is reeling from waking up a year later and a pandemic the evil gods have all the chaos they need to put their plans into motion.

“Lucifer's knee erupted in a shower of divine ichor.” – Nothing wrong here, this is a great line! Fuckin’ kneecappin’ the devil. Then knocking another couple limbs off, pretty brutal!

Also really cool of having Lucifer undo that zipper with his teeth and get a cock in the face.

That’s…. that’s something I’ve not seen before I don’t think. I’ve seen coming all manner of noxious substances, and oviposition, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody coming fire ants, or other bugs. That’s a hell of good idea! Thanks :D Cumming swarms of vermin paints a vivid picture. Doesn’t it? Haha I kinda want to see you use it since I unironically love your writing. Its also something Ahriman really would do. Since canonically, He’s a god that chooses to be a bastard. ‘ It is not that I cannot create anything good, but that I will not. ‘ He’s very much the woke up and choose violence kinda guy.

And nothing sounds as petty as losing your crops to a horde of locusts just because some random asshole wanted to rub one out.

Lucifer having an Olympian buttplug in was also cool and this here:

"You whore." Ahriman said, pleased that he didn't have to break in that unconquered hole. "You've been fucking an Olympian! Did they all have a turn? Of course, Zeus had a taste of you. You're going to catch something from that manwhore."

That’s pretty funny. Solid bit of levity as he’s talking to his victim there. Of course, Zeus would fuck anything.  I find it funny that Ahriman accuses of Zeus of having STI’s but here he’s literally giving luci vermin and likely exposing him to all the sexual infections. Ahriman is a god that sees the destruction or desecration of beautiful things as a beautiful thing. He finds beauty in ugliness and ugliness is beauty. He’s complimenting Lamashtu here because really does find her grotesque appearance wonderful. 

Growing the snake out to wrap it around Lucifier’s dick is another idea I really don’t think I’ve seen the like before. Really inventive! At this stage I’m not sure if it’s like a chastity-bondage device, or a living fleshlight. (Both, you say? Well played!) It was a multifold way to , prevent him from using his manhood and keep him randier than a bitch in heat and remind Luci than Ahriman’s pleasure is more important than his own. Lucifer is his gimp. His bitch. And since he’s filled to bursting with vermin he’s going nowhere for the moment.

Pleasure venom swelling the balls is another cool image. It’s not like he’ll be using them and he has to feed that snakehead something haha.

just the Antichrist chap and then the epilogue :D

• 4 weeks later...

From JayDee on June 25, 2021

“Returning light”

“Harry thought of good times with his best mates and he was rewarded with a bang”

Filthy! Oh OH, right, wrong bang. Carry on.

This one seems to be fairly optimistic! Ol Riddle coming across as a bit of a dick in Harry’s recollection which definitely fits in canon. I liked how he got the ol’ Patronus running around and had a nice sense of comfort from the light. There’s a quote, I think Terry Pratchett? “Sometimes it’s better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.”

Anyway, good to get back into Harry’s head here and looking forward to the next part. Even if it is detailed laundry doing.

To rise on the back of giants means you don’t have start from scratch. He’s got Dumbledore and others as examples he isn’t alone. Darkness has marked him but at his core Harry shines brighter for it.

From JayDee on June 27, 2021

Fallen City – Bit of an action packed part here! The explosion at the start and the use of the meat shield was hella fun. Liked the portrayal of the pissed-off-at-humanity gallows god too. People forget these days that ol’ One-Eye had a temper… With prophecy broken fate is in flux but tends to go the path of least resistance.

The journey to catastrophic war is picking up steam. The Jotun will not stand idle not when their only ally that treats them as people rather than monsters is suddenly attacked. The roosters that foretell the final battle might be drowned in the river that never freezes.

Inertia however is ramping up. Asgard is definitely on team fuck humanity and  Jotun are on Humanity’s side when they hear humanity’s cry for aid the war horns will beckon

Apocalypse is on the horizon.

SPOILER COMMENTS

…did I get that right? Did Glykon just destroy the spear? Now that was a badass tough moment there.

Glykon did destroy Gungnir, Its power wrecking the city. The oaths The Allfather forced on others are broken, his symbol of authority ruined. This object showcasing Asgard’s unassailable might ruined. It’s a loss of face, a loss of strength.

his greatest act was he stole the antichrist, The Beast Of The Sea right out from under Odin’s nose and for that he needed Zahhak to cause commotion and take everyone’s focus solely on him.

And he did it all *without* hands

Glykon got some hidden depths! Also kinda funny the way he shows up and does his effortless convincing through the sock puppet like usual!

Did she even need to use the human as a meat shield, or was it just a bit of “being an asshole for the sake of it?” The Beast Of The Sea is a unrepentant jerk,  She’s also the most powerful of Lucifer’s remaining brood. Since Zahhak and likely other players have been tracking down her siblings.

She isn’t afraid of throwing down, not when she can go straight into dark souls boss mode with her warform. She is not a match against a skyfather, head of a godtribe but then her true power lay not in combat (which is considerable She’s a daughter of a confirmed god killer) But in her ability to influence others especially humans.

She can bring out the worst in others.

It seems like being mortal has limited prospects in this chapter anyway, with the Valkyries going full massacre. No doubt a few regretting they’re not fitting in old Viking activities like the pillage, and the other thing.

Humanity just got sucker punched and blows keep on coming.I would not want to live on this particular world right now. The fact that a head of a tribe of gods just openly destroyed a city is all the admission one needs to successfully infer that the Global Pantheon is not on humanity’s side.

Edited by InvidiaRed
clarity

• 3 months later...

From GeorgeGlass on October 26, 2021

Re: "Clucking Doom" by InvidiaRed

John Madden once said, "Don't do anything great if you can't handle the congratulations." Looks like Berta earned herself the last job she'd ever want. Oh yeah she got boned big time without a doubt. being transformed by an angel into a house sized cockatrice was one thing. She managed to maintain her sanity despite not being human anymore (even if I thought I put too many details to the contrary) Even if she consciously didn’t know.

Being adopted by primal and feral monster deities is the second. Hundreds of different perspectives all at once is not healthy.

They were the first deities to arise on this world spawning monsters to war amongst themselves until the second weaker generation came. Being weaker the second generation banded together and with their sapient creations and civilization they took the world by force. Yet, the monster deities refused to lose their world and turned back to their monster crafting skills. They aren’t friends but reluctant allies to one another and together they took back islands and eventually a whole continent Now they’re just under half a world. The civilized gods had to fall back to their holdings leaving one last temple a temple the MD’s couldn’t touch but a mortal could… A temple that Berta destroyed and by doing so erased the last outpost of the civilized gods.

The fog of war protects boths sides from each other.

This half of the world is well far more timeless.

There are no civilizations there because the MD’s will not allow civilization or the civilized races any chance to take root excising all invaders with incredible prejudice. Its beauty and its bounty are for the monster deities and their creations to enjoy alone.

As the CEO of Recess+ Playtime and Themeparks! Found out to her brutal jungled demise a few days after leaving the safety of Head Quarters. I did almost put in Berta finding her corpse. But had to scrap it because the deity of the island of giant insects did not leave a body.

These deities are a different breed from my more common ones. In that population is what contributes and limits their power.

So as greater monster population density increases  = the more influence, more sight and more power in the mortal world for the monster deities. Conversely, the more people there are, and the more civilization there is the more powerful the civilized gods become.

Part of the reason these lesser iterations of angels are so powerful because all the civilized gods collectively pool their power to make their messengers.

Quite the imaginitive world you have here: science and magic in what would appear to be a postapocalyptic setting, made all the more amusingly bizarre by Wudy the Wabbit. 

I will expand upon it but the reason its not postapocalyptic is because this story takes place in the distant past.

10,000+ years to be exact. The CEO’s of the megacorps all have one thing in common. They’re all half-elven siblings.

Recess+ Playtime and Themeparks!’s CEO is Cybernetics& Consorts Industries  CEO’s little sister the last of seven.

She stole various time displacement protoypes from her siblings a few years before the last war and panicking activated them rather than allow her sibling’s agents to take them back or allow her siblings to exploit it. Partially, out of not wanting to be erased from existence and partially because she knew her family would abuse such tech and likely doom everyone.

She and her HQ simply vanished and might have very well be the catalyst for the war happening in the first place. She was environmentally friendly, well loved by the public and the voice of reason of the family.

Then she was gone, it comes out that assassins from other corps were closing in on her and well the rest you know. Xmas story will expand on this storyline. In

Vampire Gynoids From The Future

From SinfulWolf on October 30, 2021

Clucking Doom by InvidiaRed

Certainly an interesting setting. I like that swirl of typical fantasy, with a touch of modern post-apocalyptic. The way things were described to let us know what they were, without actually giving the names. It was bizzare and abstract and most certainly a ride for us readers. And that ending... beware the rewards right? In deed, being counted among primal antediluvian entities such as these civilization hating monster deities is more of a curse than a blessing.

I couldn’t help but make it holiday canon this story is more of a Prequel/ Sequel towards Master Override.

Nicely done! Happy Halloween

From Thundercloud on November 02, 2021

Review of Clucking Doom

This writing style takes some effort for me to read. There is some very nice imaginary used, but at quite a few places it feels to me like there you only get to see random flashes of the actual action. Like if there is dark and you can only see when the lightning strikes.

Makes me feel there are stuff happening between the sentences that you can guess but that is never explicitly told. Berta is doing her best in a body that’s no longer her own. She’s going manual control on a body whose on an instinctual autopilot. Berta didn’t kill her scouts… But is both stupid and the height of overconfidence to lower your guard around a monster.

She’s blocking out or reframing what’s she’s experiencing to keep herself sane. She isn’t human… anymore. She couldn’t allow the angel to get any closer than it was because then she’d have to admit to herself that something is wrong. Its talking directly to her soul.

She’s afraid of sleep because she’s seeing her body and what it became. Then she flattens a luxury car beneath her true bulk and can’t get into the building since she’s no longer human sized.  Etc… The little details tell the story.

For instance "She jumped, and Berta frowned" had me totally confused if Berta had jumped or why she would frown. This also follows a sentence with a dance, something that made the junp very unexpected. Its part of that disconnect. A human will knife straight down but a draconic creature that can instinctively fly will glide.

The title of the story also left me wondering...anyway, thank you for sharing the story with us.

Spoiler

She’s a cockatrice

Or rather a cockatrice that subsumed a snakehead species by taking down their tutelary.  She doesn’t even know she’s undergoing a metamorphosis  or why

Sorceress -→ Monster -→ Monster Deity.

⬇️

Berta is mentally  here                         

when in reality she’s

Edited by InvidiaRed
Clarity

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Thundercloud on January 02, 2022

Vampire Gynoids From The Future

I think this is one of your stories that I enjoyed most with its very cool scenery...except it does not feel like a complete story but more like a promotional extract from the real story.

The bad bit is that it feels to me like you watching a tv-show and just before the last commercial break the thing happen with the Gynoid happen...but after the break there is nothing and I am left with the feeling that I read a build up for something that never came. I don't feel confused but rather like the story ended prematurely.

The bottom line is that I think your material would work much better as a single larger story where you include the full story arc to its conclusion rather than giving us a string of stories where we are given puzzle pieces but never get to see things resolved. Thanks anyway for giving us this holiday story.

This particular blend of Scifi and High Fantasy is pretty big

Gods, Time Travel, Divine Schemes involving multiple timelines, Angelic Servant race that must have a master to function. Slumbering antediluvian horrors sleeping on dead worlds...

Vampire Gynoids From the Future,, Dystopian AI, An nearly Inescapable infinite Mall with Murder Mannequins, A mind rapey star that wants you to be happy and is quite willing to sear a smiley face on your soul to do it and a distant planetoid that is so lonely it won’t let your ship ever leave

A cloning facility where the facility and clones are all creepily obsessed with the poor hapless original, Eldritch abominations both attempting to help and or actively destroy the world without really understanding sapient beings on said world. A replicator swarm,, An insectile hive minded species who assimilated people mid-coitus and got addicted to sexual high, A slumbering living planet whose nightmares manifest as nightmare creatures, A yandere asteroid mining station and a Rogue Servitor robot faction that will forcefully cater to organics every whim with mandatory pampering hi-jacking a colony. 

Its a massive setting.

I mean if you want to dive in by all means. Starfi and Sorcery is what I call this setting.

Slither

Okay...I sort of read it to the end but honestly I didn't get it at all. It just seemed like random fights between gods about something that is not explained while namedropping the names of other gods again and again. I suppose there is a story buried in there, but I cannot make sense of why anything happened.

The story doesn’t make sense unless you read all the holiday canon.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:44 PM, InvidiaRed said:

Slither

Okay...I sort of read it to the end but honestly I didn't get it at all. It just seemed like random fights between gods about something that is not explained while namedropping the names of other gods again and again. I suppose there is a story buried in there, but I cannot make sense of why anything happened.

The story doesn’t make sense unless you read all the holiday canon.

Actually I think reading it is not enough...you need to remember it all also. ;-

I have made the comment that your writing style is not really my thing, a big part of it is that I get an overdose ofthe guessing game. Having to reread an previous story to get hidden reasons why a certain character made a certain decision is fine...needing to cross reference with an earlier story to determine if something is really happening or if somebody is delusional and just rambling…not my thing.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:06 AM, InvidiaRed said:

From Thundercloud on January 02, 2022

This particular blend of Scifi and High Fantasy is pretty big

Gods, Time Travel, Divine Schemes involving multiple timelines, Angelic Servant race that must have a master to function. Slumbering antediluvian horrors sleeping on dead worlds...

Vampire Gynoids From the Future,, Dystopian AI, An nearly Inescapable infinite Mall with Murder Mannequins, A mind rapey star that wants you to be happy and is quite willing to sear a smiley face on your soul to do it and a distant planetoid that is so lonely it won’t let your ship ever leave

A cloning facility where the facility and clones are all creepily obsessed with the poor hapless original, Eldritch abominations both attempting to help and or actively destroy the world without really understanding sapient beings on said world. A replicator swarm,, An insectile hive minded species who assimilated people mid-coitus and got addicted to sexual high, A slumbering living planet whose nightmares manifest as nightmare creatures, A yandere asteroid mining station and a Rogue Servitor robot faction that will forcefully cater to organics every whim with mandatory pampering hi-jacking a colony. 

Its a massive setting.

I mean if you want to dive in by all means. Starfi and Sorcery is what I call this setting.

You don’t seem to subscribe to less is more...anyway...if you ever get around to collect your string of stories into a full story arc I would not mind try reading it since the setting is cool. Until then I think I will focus on my own writing and exchanging reads with other authors.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.