Click Here!

AFF Halloween Party 2018!

CloverReef

41 minutes ago, GeorgeGlass said:

I've already decided what to write for next year. Working title: "Day of the Deadly."

I'm trying not to think of my Christmas oneshot until Halloween is over but I'm definitely already thinking about it. 

9 hours ago, Sinfulwolf said:

Woo! Managed to finish. After about 5 scraped ideas, and a few starts and restarts, I finally got something I actually had a lot of fun writing. 

Title: Eve of Hollow Souls
Summary: A noblewoman of a conquered land goes to visit her countryside villa, on the night of a outlawed religious festival. 
Warnings: Violence, no sex, F/F (sorta, but not really)

I always enjoy your works. :D

Okay, and under the deadline!

Title: Redeem the Land

Summary: Connor made a pact ten years ago, a bloody bargain with the Sídhe to be honored each Samhain. Gran had warned him that Sídhe hearts were dark. She should have remembered that men’s hearts were darker still.

(This is the third installment of my Halloween series, and follows the events of “Feed the Land” (2015) and “The Price of the Land” (2017) for anyone keeping track.)

Warnings: AFFO Complete MC, MiCD NoSex (sorry!) Random Irish

Nope, that was for another story, which was a Minor1 story—not my thing when I’m reading for pleasure. It looks like he took it down, so I’ll nuke the review.

Edited by BronxWench

5 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Okay, and under the deadline!

Title: Redeem the Land

Summary: Connor made a pact ten years ago, a bloody bargain with the Sídhe to be honored each Samhain. Gran had warned him that Sídhe hearts were dark. She should have remembered that men’s hearts were darker still.

(This is the third installment of my Halloween series, and follows the events of “Feed the Land” (2015) and “The Price of the Land” (2017) for anyone keeping track.)

Warnings: AFFO Complete MC, MiCD NoSex (sorry!) Random Irish

Céad míle fáilte romhat!

5 hours ago, CloverReef said:

@BronxWench did someone else post a story, or was that last review for ‘chapter 8’  a dig at your own?

Aye, someone else posted a story, with a minor tag as Bronx pointed out, but it seems to be gone now. 

Edited by Sinfulwolf

He republished it as a separate story. I’m glad, since I don’t think my personal reading preferences are any kind of guideline for what anyone else might want to read. I’m sure he’ll get plenty of readers, and hopefully reviews as well.

I’m down for a Christmas party, maybe even a Thanksgiving Party.  I wanted to do something for Halloween but started late and couldn’t finish a fic in time that didn’t clearly rip off Resident Evil, Bloodborne or Dark Souls.  I guess I’ll try again next year.

Yay!

From Desiderius_Price on November 02, 2018

Redeem the Land - BronxWench

Another installment, and it's similarly good.  Only drawback, having to wait to next year for the next one...

Well, you know, that’s how we keep the punters coming back! :lol: But I’m very happy you enjoyed it, even with the NoSex tag. :D

I finally read and reviewed your story a couple days ago @BronxWench. Sorry I was a little late with it.

To everyone else, I'm going to disable contributions in a couple days, so if anyone else wants to put a story up, you can let me know and I'll wait for you or you can save it for next year's anthology. 

Awesome job everybody! Hope to see you in the Holidays one where the theme will be... Drumroll please... Holidays! I know, I'm surprised too. Any holiday centered around december/January. Have fun! 

27 minutes ago, CloverReef said:

I finally read and reviewed your story a couple days ago @BronxWench. Sorry I was a little late with it.

To everyone else, I'm going to disable contributions in a couple days, so if anyone else wants to put a story up, you can let me know and I'll wait for you or you can save it for next year's anthology. 

Awesome job everybody! Hope to see you in the Holidays one where the theme will be... Drumroll please... Holidays! I know, I'm surprised too. Any holiday centered around december/January. Have fun! 

Technically, the 2016 Halloween anthology is still open to contributions…..

On 10/29/2018 at 12:37 AM, InvidiaRed said:

Will there be a Xmas one cause I’ve already got an idea.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:12 AM, CloverReef said:

There usually is. People tend to be busier around Christmas so there might not be as many participants but I'm in.

I never have good ideas for Christmas stories. I’ve written exactly one, and only because it was the third part of a holiday-themed trilogy. But should inspiration happen to strike, I’ll participate.