Sign in to follow this  
Guest lb54

"This Password Reset is no longer Valid"

Guest lb54

Hello there!

So I get a password reset link on: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php

And then I get the email, upon following the link, I’m immediately taken to: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php?x=???&y=???

Where the page says "This Password Reset is no longer Valid". Despite just acquiring it.

I anonymized the X and Y URL parameters just in case that had sensitive information.

There seems to be a glitch in the message for the password resets. Try logging in with the new password, and it should work.

Guest lb54

I can’t, it does not let give me a new password.

I can’t remember my old one, hit “reset password”, and the email only gives me a link. No new password for me to try!

Our link won’t give you a new password. Click the link and you will be brought to a page which will let you create a new password. It must be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers, no special characters permitted, and it is case sensitive.

You can read our FAQ here.

Guest lb54

That is the crux of this issue, clicking that link does not bring me to a page for creating a new password.

It instead instantly brings me to an "This Password Reset is no longer Valid" page

I never get a chance to input anything, or reset anything.

That’s quite perplexing. The only thing which comes to mind is perhaps an issue with any retained data.

Sometimes a cookie string or other saved data can get corrupted. We suggest the following to clear any old data: 

Clear your browser’s cache, browsing history, and any old AFF cookies
Close your browser entirely to make sure the data does clear.
Restart your browser, and try the password reset link one more time.

If it was some bad saved data, this should allow AFF to set fresh cookies for you, and allow the password reset link to work properly.

Guest lb54

I have attempted the clearing cache method, as well as a different browser, and incognito mode.

Is there a support email I can contact to send more specific account info?

Guest lb54

Yes, I am using Hotmail. But also I have copy-pasted the members.adultfanfiction.net link myself, rather than clicking, to prevent any possible linkjacking like what Google does on occasion.

So I am able to get the email fine as well, and get a proper reset link (proper in that it is not obscured, truncated, or otherwise altered).

This article explains how to whitelist our site in Hotmail. It seems Microsoft might be blocking content in our hyperlinks.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/whitelist-email-sender-3515045

Guest lb54

I added adultfan@adult-fanfiction.org to my safe mailer whitelist.

The email came the same as usual, with reset link still taking me to the "This Password Reset is no longer Valid" page directly.

I’ve tried password reset on many different handlers, and not had this issue.  I’ll have manta look at it, because maybe there’s something in the link that shouldn’t be for hotmail?  Hard to say.  I will say that it’s users with hotmail who do seem to have this difficulty, which brings it back to a hotmail specific issue.

Guest lb54

Perhaps it is an issue with my specific account? At one point I did have to go through a transfer process when AFF updated and I had an old “legacy” account a few years back.

Is there an email or something where I could send more specific information for troubleshooting?

You can send that to technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org, or to tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this