Click Here!

How many accounts can one have on adult-fanfiction?

Guest Teh Apple

Generally, we made an exception for a joint account, if two AFF members had a co-authored work. However, since members can now list multiple authors on a story, that’s not as much of an issue any longer. There would have to be a very compelling reason to allow a second account, to be honest. 

I PM’ed or emailed DG about it in 2011 or so to discuss and was allowed to keep my old account at the time – my reason was I no longer used the old username as it was known to real world people, and the stuff I was writing as JayDee was much harder core, but folks maybe still wanted to read the old stories. My understanding was that DG just needed records of this as well as the reason for why although with it being 7 years ago I don’t recall a lot of the details too closely or still have the messages. I can’t even prove I discussed it with DG beyond that query in 2009 in the thread above.

My concern today and why I queried Melrick’s answer is that if the policy had changed then it would put me in breach of the rules as they are now.  I’m basically Lawful Evil here and try to follow the rules so it’d be bye bye JayDee if there were no longer exceptions (quit that cheering at the back there).

With your clarifying reply I can now just keep my fingers crossed that the reason I gave DG in 2011 remains sufficiently compelling for an exception! And If it’s not I bear no ill will ‘cos rules is rules and would just say thanks everyone for the support and reviews and interraction and that and would totally understand the deletion of JayDee as a second account. I don’t expect things that were ok years ago to always remain ok, after all :)

Thanks for your time.

You’re absolutely not in breach, JD. What we did previously is valid. It’s just going forward that we don’t necessarily need to make new joint accounts for people. But the reason  for you to request and be given a second account is one of the reasons we’d consider compelling. We’ve allowed second accounts for authors who write two such different genres that they wanted separate pen names to avoid aggro or upset with readers who might love the lighter stuff but are profoundly traumatized by darker work. Keeping your adult-oriented work separate from your real-world life is also compelling, since in many cases it can be a serious matter if that gets out.

So, to sum up, you’re right as rain with us, JD! :hug: I’m not letting you off that easily, because I enjoy your work too much! :D

Edited by BronxWench

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.