Click Here!

Help with disclaimer warning.

Kvarta

I received a warning to correct my disclaimer, which says that  I’m missing one of two parts...but, reading this I can't see what part I'm missing - I would appreciate the assistance and guidance.

Please correct your disclaimer.

Your disclaimer doesn't have one of the two parts we need to see. You must use the actual name of the fandom.  Just naming the owners/creators of the fandom, or saying that you don't own only the characters is not enough.

Below is the picture of disclaimer for which I received the warning.

Thank you.

Capture.thumb.JPG.e905b99fe4a3428ea715b9821a94bf59.JPG

Edited by Kvarta

I think the problem here is that you phrase it as “...fan fiction using characters from the Harry Potter world...” That is not enough, since the archive moderators need to see a fandom disclaimer. So, I suggest something along the lines of “This is a work of fan fiction. Harry Potter is owned by J.K. Rowling...” and then the rest as you have it is fine. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

Edit: And I moved this to a more appropriate forum. 

Edited by WillowDarkling

@Kvarta WillowDarkling is absolutely right. We do need the entire fandom disclaimed, and not just the characters of that fandom. Whether or not you’re sticking to canon events, there will be elements of the settings and canon events which do wind up in your story as well, and therefore we need the entirety covered in the disclaimer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.