Click Here!

Tags in Stories

Guest DragonWolfFlame

Guest DragonWolfFlame

Hello.

My name is DragonWolfFlame, a new user just getting used to things around here right now. 

I only use the AFFO, WIP, or Complete tags because I don't want to spoil too much on what's inside my fiction. 

Is that wrong or perfectly fine?

Add all tags that are relevant to your story, it’s to help those who need to avoid certain content either for personal and/or legal reasons.   Now, you do have three choices as to where, 1) summary, 2) top of the story, and/or, 3) top of the chapter.  My habit is to place *ALL* tags at the top of the story, and significant/major tags in the summary.

1 hour ago, Guest DragonWolfFlame said:

Hello.

My name is DragonWolfFlame, a new user just getting used to things around here right now. 

I only use the AFFO, WIP, or Complete tags because I don't want to spoil too much on what's inside my fiction. 

Is that wrong or perfectly fine?

@Desiderius Price has the right of it. We do ask that stories be tagged to make sure readers aren’t taken unawares by content that might be distressing to them, or simply distasteful. We are particularly stringent about certain tags: Rape, Minor1, Minor2, and so on.

We sweep the archive weekly, and review every new story and every update. If we find untagged content, we do hide the story until it is properly tagged. If the tags aren’t added, the story can be deleted after a minimum of 30 days from when it was hidden. If you don’t want to tag in the summary, then in that field, write something like, “See warnings within” and then add those tags at the top of the first chapter. Readers are very vocal when they encounter content that was not properly tagged and rightfully so.  Readers are just as vocal when they get engrossed in a story and then see a tag at the top of the next chapter for something they find upsetting. They’ve invested time in reading (and hopefully reviewing) and now they can’t continue.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.