Click Here!

Archive tag search.

Guest BrainMush

Guest BrainMush

Tags that contain a slash will not turn up as search results due to the nature of the database. Yet it seems that A LOT of Stories have them.

It shouldn’t be hard to write a simple script that searches database’s Content Tags for stuff like “*space*M/M*space*” and replaces it with “*space*MM*space*”. Script doesn't even needs to be a part of site’s engine. Running it just once will make search with these tags a lot more accurate.

We actually have run a query to remove commas and other punctuation. If you find a story with those punctuation marks, please link it so we can correct it manually.

Guest BrainMush

Problem is that there still a lot of them.

Run tag search on any archive with -MM -MF -FF -FD and any other tag. As most stories have them, it will exclude majority of the ones with correctly used tags.

Examples:

http://anime.adult-fanfiction.org/search.php?auth=&title=&summary=&tags=-MM+-MF+-FF+-FD+Bi&cats=0&search=Search

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/search.php?auth=&title=&summary=&tags=Exhib%2C+-MM%2C+-MF%2C+-FD%2C+-FF&cats=0&search=Search

Even first page will have a few if not majority of stories with punctuation in tags. Every such search returns at least 20 pages. At lest half of results have this problem. Correcting it manually will be time consuming.

That’s why I suggested automated solution. There are already existing ones:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-find-and-replace-words-in-multiple-files/

But that requires direct access to databases and they must not be encrypted, so you might need to contact tech admin.

Our tech admin will see this post, as will our coder. Database access, as you correctly surmise, is restricted, and I would not be able to run that query myself. However, should you have a pressing concern about an individual story, I can do a manual correction, as I’ve offered.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this is not the right place, but it has to do with archive searching and I figured I shouldn’t create a new topic>

For some reason, I never receive any search results when searching for the incest tag on the archive (particularly Originals).  I receive a blank page when I type in the following terms:

• inc
  • +inc
  • Inc
  • +Inc
  • “Inc”
  • “inc”

I really have no explanation for why this isn’t working, but I had to type the word in full to get any responses myself. I’m going to move this to the appropriate forum, and hopefully one of our coder-types can respond.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.