Click Here!

Banned

Guest Random Person

Guest Random Person

What happens if you sign up two days ago and then come back to being banned off the Forum for unknown purposes since you signed in with only one account and email address? 

I am quite sure the Forum Administrator had good reason for any ban. It may have been related to prior activity on AFF, since we do keep quite thorough records on prior accounts requiring deletion.

Guest Guest Random Person
6 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I am quite sure the Forum Administrator had good reason for any ban. It may have been related to prior activity on AFF, since we do keep quite thorough records on prior accounts requiring deletion.

Why do you need records of people if you are just a website for the authors to write fiction? Doesn't that seem a bit out of place and unnecessary. It's like a big brother is watching you kind of deal. I understand there are rules here yet a record of someone even banned or not seems a bit much. No disrespect, but I think I'll take my big chances someplace else and not have an account here if you guys feel like you need to monitor others without their awareness. I understand rules and all yet it gives me the creeps knowing about how you guys document stuff now. 

Guest Guest Random Person
2 hours ago, Melrick said:

Yep, we don’t forget people that consistently disregard rules.

What if it was someone entirely new with a different address with a whole simular name to the one you guys all just 'monitor' here? It could be a new individual or entity with no ideas on what you are talking about then. This place seems kind of suspicious and flawed if you ask me here.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest Random Person said:

Why do you need records of people if you are just a website for the authors to write fiction? Doesn't that seem a bit out of place and unnecessary. It's like a big brother is watching you kind of deal. I understand there are rules here yet a record of someone even banned or not seems a bit much. No disrespect, but I think I'll take my big chances someplace else and not have an account here if you guys feel like you need to monitor others without their awareness. I understand rules and all yet it gives me the creeps knowing about how you guys document stuff now. 

We  are an age-restricted site. That means, from a legal standpoint, that we are required to make every effort to check the ages of anyone joining our site. We also have, like every other website, Terms of Service, which are the rules governing the use of our website. We enforce those Terms of Service, unlike many other websites, and we state very clearly, in a number of places, that we are an actively moderated site. For anyone who actually bothers to read the Terms of Service, we make sure they know we monitor all activity on this site. And yes, in order to do that, we maintain records of all actions we take, and of all infractions for which we issue a warning. That is prudent, and good practice.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest Random Person said:

What if it was someone entirely new with a different address with a whole simular name to the one you guys all just 'monitor' here? It could be a new individual or entity with no ideas on what you are talking about then. This place seems kind of suspicious and flawed if you ask me here.

It is entirely unlikely that we are making any mistake in terms of identifying you. We are well aware of the previous email addresses, previous pen names, previous user names, and other unique identifiers you have used while interacting with our site. We are not unique in collecting this information. You are however free to disagree, and you are free to post your work elsewhere. 

Guest User125436708
1 hour ago, Desiderius Price said:

I’ll chime in.  Thank you mods, like @BronxWench, etc, for keeping this site running.  AFF is the only website I’ve actually hit that donate button on, and not regretting it (so far).

Why not just ban them off from Adult FanFiction as well to prevent them to coming on there? Like make a secure way like an email verification to sign up to access that part alone. Back then on here there was some sort of main log in required to verify if you were on the right age or not. It's just like Forum where you had to wait to be approved by a certain moderator or whichever. I see that big complication yet it's not a bad idea in what with Net Neutrality out the door and people coming back when they were kicked off in the first place.

Guest User125436708
5 minutes ago, Guest User125436708 said:

Why not just ban them off from Adult FanFiction as well to prevent them to coming on there? Like make a secure way like an email verification to sign up to access that part alone. Back then on here there was some sort of main log in required to verify if you were on the right age or not. It's just like Forum where you had to wait to be approved by a certain moderator or whichever. I see that big complication yet it's not a bad idea in what with Net Neutrality out the door and people coming back when they were kicked off in the first place.

I know it's a ridiculous idea yet I feel like it would make things easier and would better help this fictional website evolve into something more secure with a sure way of keeping people who are very not wanted or age appropriate off for good. 

4 hours ago, Guest User125436708 said:

When warranted, we do ban former members.

The repeal of net neutrality, if and when it actually happens, will not have any effect on our policies and procedures. The age verification page you reference was not an absolute method of ensuring new members were of legal age, and we have always done independent verification. Our methods work, as evidenced by the original poster’s protests over being caught out yet again.

Guest Former User Anonymous

If one is banned off here and goes onto similar sites like Literotica? Would you guys point out the big user to site owners or whichever person that approves the content upon their own decision. What I meant is do you all contact that place if you see up an email address once registered here? I found Literotica to be kind of similar into the one here and was curious because it reminds me so much about this place that I'm going to miss.

18 hours ago, Guest Former User Anonymous said:

If one is banned off here and goes onto similar sites like Literotica? Would you guys point out the big user to site owners or whichever person that approves the content upon their own decision. What I meant is do you all contact that place if you see up an email address once registered here? I found Literotica to be kind of similar into the one here and was curious because it reminds me so much about this place that I'm going to miss.

We are not affiliated with Literotica or any other fiction archive. We enforce our rules on our site, and that’s all. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.