Click Here!

Wrong tags

Guest Samantha

Guest Samantha

In the Harry Potter Slash section the author Manis Jain has uploaded a ton of her stories. Nothing wrong with her writing, very well written. But ALL of her stories are M/F. She uploaded ALL het stories under the slash section and labeled them M/M. Can they be relocated to the correct section? 

It  looks to me that many of them involve gender-bending, so the pairing might still be Harry/Draco, but one of the two will be a female version.

Now, here’s the question: are gender-bender stories located under the actual gender of the character, or the assumed gender of the character? I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not sure, even after as long as I’ve been moderating here, but my inclination is to think they’d belong under the assumed gender. I’m going to ask among my fellow mods and admins, and if we all come to a consensus that these belong in the Het category, we’ll move them.

My admin has weighed in on the side of keeping them in the Slash category, since the gender bender tag will serve as warning that one or more characters will present as the opposite gender. As she pointed out, it’s a logistical nightmare to go through the entire subdomain, and move stories based on genderbent character pairings, and looking at it from that perspective, I agree. ::shudders at the thought of reviewing thousands of stories::

Guest Drake

I’ve seen Mansi Jain posting a lot of Harry/Draco stories in the Draco/Hermione section, and I’ve commented on them numerous times pointing this out. I’m sorry, but they need to be warned or something. I’m not against slash, but 10+ times is not a coincidence...Also, they are Harry/Draco, not Hermione/Draco...the person needs to be told to label their stories correctly...

I have checked the stories posted by this member. There is exactly 1 story out of 38 which has the wrong placement, and I have corrected it, which should, I trust, answer your report.

Edited by BronxWench

Guest Drake

They’ve moved them prior to today, but only after I’ve reviewed and said anything. So far I’ve counted 12 total that were posted there in the last 3 months that I’ve commented on (I tend to remove the comment after its moved). I’m fine with Mansi posting stories, but I just wish that they’d check their category, because it happens so often.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.