Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Well queen la could be captured for slave trade or hijack a ship that crashes. Shencould stick aroind longer until hiccup finds a long-distance portal yo get her home.

Megara could encontered either unlocking or unBLOCKing the ressurection system

These are ideas, and on the topic of Empire slaves, I had been considering having Hiccup either fund or outright start a slave revolt in the Empire Heartlands, possibly with Tiana and Charlotte, a former kitchen and pleasure slave respectively, as its leaders since their 'real' hometown of New Orleans won't be established for hundreds of years...

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had pictured Tiana and Charlotte as friends, though perhaps 'close friends' serving and then escaping the same household, as for how Hiccup meets them, in the second game, roughly halfway through, when you travel to the Empire Heartlands to recover the Blue Minions from the Imperial Arena, you meet some escaped slaves near the harbor, and I had planned on including Tiana and Charlotte in said group.

Though now I realise that since in my story the Blues wouldn't need to be recovered at that point, I need a new reason for Hiccup to go into the literal heart of enemy territoy before said enemy is on is last legs and its capital ripe for taking…

Also going back a topic, if I did include La, I'm not sure if I'll include Jane since I can't think of much she could contribute...

Well, jane is an anthroplogist and could help identify amd research people and culturea. Pkus she could make a nice 'trophy' for queen za to have captured.

As for the heartland, what if hiccup is seperated from his army while trying to teleport akd winds up ind the heartlands and makes havoc while trying to escape, figuring it slow them down. (book hiccup did something similar when his slavemark was exposed.). Or a raid goes wrong, and to save him while ge's unconcious one of his girls dsiguises him as a slave, which they take, and he has to get her back from interrogation before he can escape.

He meets Tiana and charlotte because they're the unofficial head slaves, heads of the ubion so to speak

Or, queen za is a spirit trying to posses a host, jane. So her men hve captured her, and jane becomes more cheetah-girl when za's influence is stronger. Hiccup could try to sace her but it doesn't exactly work, bit jane is still nore or less in charge ans trying to get rid of za, then trying to take her powers from her

9 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Well, jane is an anthroplogist and could help identify amd research people and culturea. Pkus she could make a nice 'trophy' for queen za to have captured.

As for the heartland, what if hiccup is seperated from his army while trying to teleport akd winds up ind the heartlands and makes havoc while trying to escape, figuring it slow them down. (book hiccup did something similar when his slavemark was exposed.). Or a raid goes wrong, and to save him while ge's unconcious one of his girls dsiguises him as a slave, which they take, and he has to get her back from interrogation before he can escape.

He meets Tiana and charlotte because they're the unofficial head slaves, heads of the ubion so to speak

This would work.

Any suggestions for Mirage from the Aladdin TV series, who I had toyed with adding, but couldn't think of any benefit in it for her given that she is essentially a goddess... as well as implied, or possibly outright said its been awhile since I watched the show, to be immortal now that I think about it, which would make romantic entanglement with the decidedly mortal Hiccup inadvisable...

Just now, Strange_idea said:

Well, you could make her the genie of jasmine's story.

She fits there. She could me more of an aloof lover of convenience

That is an angle I had not thought of... I had thought about Hiccup finding the lamp of Eden the she genie as well as possibly a female version of Genie, possibly renamed Jeannie, since I don't think they ever gave him a name beyond Genie...

46 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Well, you could make her the genie of jasmine's story.

She fits there. She could me more of an aloof lover of convenience

Another possibility that just occurred to me was she could be another sorceress sacrificed to create the Tower Heart, with her appearance being the result of an enchantment she placed upon herself... or possibly she could be a member of a race of 'cat folk'...

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmm, or she could be a familiar bounf to the tower, a cat that's gotten so old and powerful it turned into mirage and is kind of the overlord's permanant mistress. The collective overlord, not any one

I admit that possibility had not occurred to me, though I admit being mistress, or at least advisor, to the collective Overlord was kind of what I had in mind for the 'bound sorceresses'. Granted not for the first one who sacrificed them, they'd be justifiably outraged with him, and understandably sulking for the careers of the next few, before giving advice out of sheer boredom if nothing else…

Though now that I think about it, I might have one of Hiccup's background goals be to free the sorceresses without breaking the Tower Heart, given that they are the women who raised him...

Them raising him works nicely, good idea.

though will they become his lovers after? I know a manga that did similar. It's not a request, i'm trying to understand the direction of the narrative.

You could have mirage be his cat fpr the first few chapters, maybe have her wisper some things to the girls while they sleep or be oddly intelligent and obedient

10 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Them raising him works nicely, good idea.

though will they become his lovers after? I know a manga that did similar. It's not a request, i'm trying to understand the direction of the narrative.

You could have mirage be his cat fpr the first few chapters, maybe have her wisper some things to the girls while they sleep or be oddly intelligent and obedient

I had intended for the sorceresses to be his lovers, for example in the beginning of the second chapter when Hiccup is deemed ready to start 'Overlording', his 17th or 18th birthday, they 'make him a man' before sending him out to slaughter the halflings of spree.

13 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Perhaps Mirage could be a sorceress who was turned into a cat, either by a rival or a drastic accident, who Hiccup adopts during the prologue and manages to turn partway back to normal?

15 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

I had intended for the sorceresses to be his lovers, for example in the beginning of the second chapter when Hiccup is deemed ready to start 'Overlording', his 17th or 18th birthday, they 'make him a man' before sending him out to slaughter the halflings of spree.

How do they manifest?

If we do the summon thing they could be the full-power summons.

13 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

Perhaps Mirage could be a sorceress who was turned into a cat, either by a rival or a drastic accident, who Hiccup adopts during the prologue and manages to turn partway back to normal?

That would be great! We could find out immediately, but hiccup doesn't know for ages and just thinks's she's a clever cat. The sorceresses could mock her for it.... actually what if she's a failed tower apprentice. To some VERY sink or swim sorceressea. Shes's following hiccup to 'redeem' herself

Edited by Strange_idea

I had pictured it as kind of the genie-lamp relationship, they had physical form, the just literally couldn't leave the Heart's area of influence.

And again you think of an angle I had not, you are good at that. Maybe the sorceresses could make a game/bet of how long it takes Hiccup to realize his new pet wasn't an ordinary cat?

Yep. And most of them bet never, too her face. Though privately have more accurate bets.

Two more ideas, (it's in the name), what of for the 'summon' mechanic hiccup had to condemn a set amount of minions to take their place, or a lesser amount to summon his queens and their girls/special units. I suggest this because it would give them more interactions with him (and some mother-in-law time with the girls) and an excuse for inter-girl interaction. And becase he needs to ibteract with them every now and again in some way.

Are the sorceresses going to have remote observing powers? It could be interesting to have them as mission control, and telepathically acting as the tutorial and advice text. Thos could also be used to keep the girls involved by giving them a scrying portal. It would keep him up to speed anyway

Also, i had some ideas for more mistresses, alice (another former tower apprentice who banished herself to the dreamlands. Mirage and the sorcerers tbought she was dead) could be mistress of the dream-world and acts as hiccups courier through the aether. Wendy and a female peter could also be residents. Fem peter might be a better fit for the job actually

Casaandra from tangled could be a mysterious hunter cjasing down rapunzel... because like in canon she's her bodyguard and is trying to protect her

Maleficent should have a dragon and dragon-girl form

Edited by Strange_idea

Actually, better idea. Alice is a courier (part of an inernational post service) that keeps getting sent afyer him by vatious kingdoms amd is kind of spacey, always getting lost in weird places that SOMEHOW he's always in. They note that if either of them actually went were they were going they'd miss each.other entirely

I admit I had not considered adding any Wonderland or Neverland characters, hmm... 

I admit I had intended to add Cassandra as a mistress as well as being Arianna's, and later Rapunzel's, handmaiden and bodyguard, thank you for reminding me I forgot her.

I've been struck by a rather strange idea of my own, partly based on my earlier idle though of Mirage being a member of a whole race of cat folk…

Given that Mirage is apparently supposed to be an anthropomorphic lioness, what there was a whole race of lion folk, with some characters based off lions from the Lion King franchise, and Hiccup conquered/liberated their territory from the Empire, taking anthropomorphic versions of Zira and possibly Sarabi as mistresses?

7 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

Given that Mirage is apparently supposed to be an anthropomorphic lioness, what there was a whole race of lion folk, with some characters based off lions from the Lion King franchise, and Hiccup conquered/liberated their territory from the Empire, taking anthropomorphic versions of Zira and possibly Sarabi as mistresses?

Hmmmm.... okay. This could stretch disbeleif a little far.... or.…

Remember what i said about tying characters into each other to make the easier to swallow? Well, mirage isn't the only anthroponorphic cat you have. What if lion king was an african kingdom.... one not only beseiged by the empire, but queen Za as well. Part of her spell with jane could involve enslavinv the kingdom by turning them into catpeople, including queen sarabi and princess nala. Jane could be a researcher or trade spokesman or both who had the bad luck of getting caught in the middle and has been doing her best to provide the kingdom with as much medical and other assorted knowledges as she can. By overcoming za, she's the new true chosen queen. Sarabi was an acting queen because the people were trying to contain the mad queen Za

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.