Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

wait. tying into the dark/light dichotomy, what if malificent and clarion had a positive/negative effect going on, and maleficent’s being happy meant ill fortune for her sister, who’d JUST met the man of her dreams, so she cut all ties to her and cast herself into exile to try and break the effect. except it kinda drove her crazy. both of them, but they can stabilise themselves with the right influences, like the fairies and aurora

however, maleficent avoids the place like the plauge and Clarion misses her sister dearly, but is still furious over breaking her heart for such a stupid plan

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

they DID argue, but clarion is mistaken in thinking that’s why she left.

That is a possibility, but I take it you were unenthused with the passing thought of lord/king Milori being lady/queen Milori?

Edited by Jwsponky

like i said, not as familiar with disney fairies, so i can’t quite picture it.

and the idea of a character just vanishing bugs me. something happening in the meantime would be okay, though. If she’s still around, maybe she acts as a go-between for them. althought maybe she;s just a girlfriends, not another sister. her being there could be why maleficent thinks things will be balanced without her.

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

like i said, not as familiar with disney fairies, so i can’t quite picture it.

and the idea of a character just vanishing bugs me. something happening in the meantime would be okay, though. If she’s still around, maybe she acts as a go-between for them. althought maybe she;s just a girlfriends, not another sister. her being there could be why maleficent thinks things will be balanced without her.

That is a fair point

Idea about the light crystal, what if instead of merely being similar to the Tower Heart, it was supposed to be a counter to said artifact, the power source of an anti Overlord that exploded during the making of it, creating the Blasted Wastes?

Then what if after reassembling the crystal (Light Heart, with the Tower Heart possibly being referred to as the Dark Heart?) and feeding it the energy from Fay's shrines, Hiccup has to drain five light sorceresses, point blank refusing to follow the Black Baron's example of 'human' sacrifice, Fay, Rapunzel, Snow, Aurora, and... I'm blanking on a fifth... leading to Fay's subordinates to assume Hiccup is trying to kill Fay, leading to the chase around the Sanctuary as they try and 'rescue' her?

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

Fay could try and calm them down, and they could immediately jump to the conclusions that parallel her canon fate (she’s been turned dark) (she’s been killed and brought back as a loyal ghost slave)

Aye, though while Hiccup won't kill her, not that the elves would know that, especially if they believe Florian's tales, Hiccup might corrupt her though, not sure…

Any suggestions for the fifth light sorceress?

nah, we need her sane enough to work on the spell.

maybe idunna, we had idunna studying magic.

alternatively, we have clarion or the collective fairies of pixie hollow. or clarion BACKED by the collective fairies of pixie hollow

Or Ariel with her dad’s trident and some ursula training.

we seem to have a redundancy.

you know i sort of assumed snow was an anti-overlord, but i can’t really see her building that weapon, unless it was a not-weapon that just went REALLY wrong. i dunno.

nah, we need her sane enough to work on the spell.

maybe idunna, we had idunna studying magic.

alternatively, we have clarion or the collective fairies of pixie hollow. or clarion BACKED by the collective fairies of pixie hollow

Or Ariel with her dad’s trident and some ursula training.

we seem to have a redundancy.

you know i sort of assumed snow was an anti-overlord, but i can’t really see her building that weapon, unless it was a not-weapon that just went REALLY wrong. i dunno.

plus it’s more of an impact if SNOW is corrupted, because we’re more invested in her at this time.

These are both true... 

Tell me what ye think of the movie when ye get it finished, and night

Take your time

Though now that I think about it Snow couldn't have had much of a role, if one at all, in trying to make the Light Heart, given that its creation would have taken place at the same time, or very shortly after the Tower Heart's, when she would have been a mere apprentice at most...

Edited by Jwsponky

And locked in an underground coffin.... oh, maybe she leared more craft (after raiding her mothers ilbrary) by living in the light tower ruins for a few years, and its part of what shaped her to be so non-conflict, recognising the extremes of her philsophies.

We could have some annonymous flashback paragraphs to the ruins of the tower that are revealed to be her, later

27 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

And locked in an underground coffin.... oh, maybe she leared more craft (after raiding her mothers ilbrary) by living in the light tower ruins for a few years, and its part of what shaped her to be so non-conflict, recognising the extremes of her philsophies.

We could have some annonymous flashback paragraphs to the ruins of the tower that are revealed to be her, later

This is a possibility…

I have been struck by an idea for who could have been trying to make the Light Heart (which I might call the Castle Heart which sounds marginally less silly to me), Yen Sid, the sorcerer from the short 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' who is apparently the most powerful good magic user in all of Disney, and incidentally modeled after Walt Disney himself by the crew animating the short

Edited by Jwsponky

Yeah, disney used to act out film scenes. The crew swear that snow white m8ght have single-handedly set the bar too high for future expectations but it was NOTHING on walt's version

Hmmm. He could he the anti-black baron. What if black baron died tryibg to steal the crystal, causing the disaster, and a dying yen taught snow everything he could. Via a book he put a copy of himself in. It could be used as a magic tutor to the others and source of advice to snow, but needs her to vouch for them.

9 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

Yeah, disney used to act out film scenes. The crew swear that snow white m8ght have single-handedly set the bar too high for future expectations but it was NOTHING on walt's version

Hmmm. He could he the anti-black baron. What if black baron died tryibg to steal the crystal, causing the disaster, and a dying yen taught snow everything he could. Via a book he put a copy of himself in. It could be used as a magic tutor to the others and source of advice to snow, but needs her to vouch for them.

9 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

He could have woken her up and called her with his last breath, seeking a worthy successor.

Those would work

Jumping topics again, but given that you managed to track down several pictures of Megara as Hades, could you try and find one of Belle as a beast? I have attempted the search, but failed...

Edited by Jwsponky

i might know a few.

speaking of, two ideas of the bat. she could either be holed up in a mansion full or cursed were-people trying to find a cure…. or everyone could be turned into furniture, and she’s still trying to find a cure.

her BEING the beast (and i mean doing his character parts, not just being animalistic) would be a fun twist

17 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

i might know a few.

speaking of, two ideas of the bat. she could either be holed up in a mansion full or cursed were-people trying to find a cure…. or everyone could be turned into furniture, and she’s still trying to find a cure.

her BEING the beast (and i mean doing his character parts, not just being animalistic) would be a fun twist

That is an idea I had not considered, I had planned for there to just be a village of beasts, perhaps in the Gévaudan region of France just for the heck of it, possibly the result of a curse several generations back, causing Hiccup to immediately suspect to himself either Maleficent or Mirage, but their hands are clean in this one

1 minute ago, Jwsponky said:

That is an idea I had not considered, I had planned for there to just be a village of beasts, perhaps in the Gévaudan region of France just for the heck of it, possibly the result of a curse several generations back, causing Hiccup to immediately suspect to himself either Maleficent or Mirage, but their hands are clean in this one

I like the ‘huh, not me’ angle.

belle could be an ameteur alchemist/inventor/mage trying to cure it

or just the village bookworm

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I like the ‘huh, not me’ angle.

belle could be an ameteur alchemist/inventor/mage trying to cure it

or just the village bookworm

Thank you for the pictures, and now I'm struck by the idea that once Hiccup hears the tale, he doesn't even have to say anything, he just 'hmms' and Maleficent in Mirage reflexively say "Not me this time." knowing Hiccup would, not within out reason, suspect one of them. Not sure if the unnamed enchantress from the film who did cast the curse will show up, if a curse was indeed cast... 50/50 on whether the beasts will be a 'natural' race…

Though if it was a curse, if it had been cast generations back, would they still be trying cure it, or just accept it as the normal state of affairs?..

well, belle always WAS the odd duck out.

This is true, and I missed the comment you made about the dragons' human forms having scale like markings, which is something I had not contemplated, I had planned for them to just have pale skin, with the same color eyes as their dragon form, and hair the same color as their scales, meaning Toothless could masquerade as a normal human with black hair and green eyes for example, but Stormfly would stand out with yellow eyes and sky blue hair with blond streaks

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.