Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Okay, while this would work well with missing toothless i think it would work well without it too.

Well, since hiccup is something of an outsoder to the cobflict, what if he foumd valka's sanctuary before meeting the vikings. He'd help her and bond with her either over dragon-taming or over her approval for his relationship with toothless (depwndong on whether you go search for toothless or not). Due to her grief she's reluctant to talk abput her past, so hiccup doesn't realise she's his mother.

Not sure if she knows Stoik is dead, but if she does she's holding of on grieving until it's all over.

Anyway hiccup uses her sanctuary as a base, with her blessing. He visits the viking land but doesn't stay there to say.... sleep, since he and they don't k ow he's part of the tribe, let alone the heir.

She listens to him talk about what's going on and helps him plan and understand the culture, and mainly runs the investigations and intervention stuff in the dragon side of things due to being better at working with them and worse at human interaction. They meet up to compare notes.

During this time, cloudjumper's respect for him grows and she starts schemeing to help her mistress 'claim him', possibly with toothless smugly telling her it will be the other way around.

He brings allies he makes/Rescues there including toothless (if he rescues her, though it works even if she doesn't) and astrid. Eventually it turns out that dragur is escalating things from the first movie so that he can carry out his plan from the second, so they do the gambit plan.

In the aftermath, they sleep together.

Optionally, valka is kidnapped while scouting in dragon lands and he has to rescue her, during which time he learna of dragur's greater involvement.

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

During this time he also studiea dragons (possibly while either missing toothless or her 'subtly' vying for his attention, such as providing two forms for an anatomy sketch) amd valka teaches him about dragon riding.

This is a possibility, though when you say ‘dragur’, are you referring to ‘Drago’, Dagur’, or the Norse legend of undead called ‘dragur’?..

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

On the front page you say 'dragur' would be a girl.

So i take it you're neutral to the idea?

As I said the idea has possibilities… though did I really type ‘dragur’ on the front page? If i did I meant to type Dagur, the berserker chief… chiefess in this story...

Thanks for listening to my ramblings by the way. I felt this was a good way to not onoy bridge the movies, but ensure good character developmemt amd time with hiccup.

I assume Astrid is acting viking cheif?

If you want to have draga be a harem member. We could also have hiccup say to 'Draga' that valka wants first shot at her. Draga thinks it'll be a peice of cake, except it's dragon-valka who puts her in her place and turns Draga into her personal servant. Or turn her into a dragon but jinx her to obey any other harem member.

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Thanks for listening to my ramblings by the way. I felt this was a good way to not onoy bridge the movies, but ensure good character developmemt amd time with hiccup.

I assume Astrid is acting viking cheif?

If you want to have draga be a harem member. We could also have hiccup say to 'Draga' that valka wants first shot at her. Draga thinks it'll be a peice of cake, except it's dragon-valka who puts her in her place and turns Draga into her personal servant. Or turn her into a dragon but jinx her to obey any other harem member.

Aye, my plan had been for Astrid to be effectively the chiefess of Berk after Hiccup kills the Imperial Governor of the village

The idea of dragon powered Valka getting to beat up Draga, or Drago should I disregard the fem Drago idea, is rather amusing

Just now, Strange_idea said:

I meant who's in charge BEFORE hiccup gets there.

Oh, that would be random Imperial governor, or perhaps governess, like how governor Borius runs Nordberg, who Hiccup kills on his crusade to run the Empire out of the Archipelago, his feud with them first starting due to their killing of Stoick, though his subsequent learning of their anti magic stance doesn’t help matters

Hmmm. How does he learn stoic is his father? If valka told him that might give away too much. Maybe he phones 'home' every so often and when he tells them about the death of the local cheif they sadly inform him.

Alternativly, to help him like his father enough to provoke him, what if stoik raided the area around the tower a few times over the years so he could slip away and check on hiccup. Possibly with astrid sowing away one time. Hiccup could know him as a friend but only find out he was his father after his death.

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmm. How does he learn stoic is his father? If valka told him that might give away too much. Maybe he phones 'home' every so often and when he tells them about the death of the local cheif they sadly inform him.

Alternativly, to help him like his father enough to provoke him, what if stoik raided the area around the tower a few times over the years so he could slip away and check on hiccup. Possibly with astrid sowing away one time. Hiccup could know him as a friend but only find out he was his father after his death.

Huh… I was just assuming that since Hiccup would have left Berk, due to MIldew’s attempted murder of Hiccup, only ‘attempted’ because by grand luck/coincidence the Heart teleports to Hiccup to make him the new Overlord, dragging the sorceresses along with it, who then manage to heal Hiccup’s slit throat and then technically kidnap him, at age 7 or 8 he would be able to remember I am from Berk, my father’s the chief.

Oh. I thought he was sent away as a baby or around four and raised comoletely at the tower. The attempt was before he wasold enough to remember, hence why he doesn't think about home much, it's not really 'home to him'. Stoik preaumably sent him away for his safety, or a servant or the sorceresses showed up to offer him sanctuary, training and an education amd his every need provided for.

8 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Oh. I thought he was sent away as a baby or around four and raised comoletely at the tower. The attempt was before he wasold enough to remember, hence why he doesn't think about home much, it's not really 'home to him'. Stoik preaumably sent him away for his safety, or a servant or the sorceresses showed up to offer him sanctuary, training and an education amd his every need provided for.

Huh, that possibility had not occurred to me… I was just basing the idea of 7 0r 8 years old off my estimate of how old the title character is in the first part of Overlord II...

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Also, this way stoic doesn't go looking for him.

Though he may still keep in touch.... actually that could be the 'excursion' the ghuls take him on, spending time with his father. And areil meets him and follows him back home across the sea.

Maybe Stoick does go looking for Hiccup, but is unable to find him and forced to assume he died?.. as to why Hiccup never tried to go back to Berk I’m drawing a blank, especially after setting up a shipyard/air base on the outskirts of the Archipelago…

Not sure if Valka would hear rumor of  Stoick’s death before Hiccup told her about it though, given that in the movie she hadn’t heard about Berk making peace with dragons, even five years after the fact

Edited by Jwsponky

8 years old could work, but theres a lot of formative years that way and, well he would be pretty badly traumatised, which would be problematic to his development and just un-erotic. Pkus he would definitly want to go home.

If it happened at say... four, then stoic could send him to stay with his dead wife's family.…

At the tower.

They tell gim what happened, so he k ows who stoik is and he comes home every now and then as part of the deal, undsr heavy guard, but to him the tower is home to him, with one visit being at 8.

He could meet astrid (who develops a crush on the mysterious cheif's son) and Ariel (who follows him back and winds up as ursula's apprentice)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.