Click Here!

What's happened to creativity?

Guest MicStax

Guest MicStax

Frankly the state of Naruto fics on this site is appalling, we have nothing new or interesting anymore.

Nowadays the only stuff we really see anymore is Naruto humiliation, sasuke harems, Kushina becoming a slut and the occasional blacked stuff with kumo ninja, and all of it is so generic and a lot of it is written by the same 4 or 5 people.

Like what's happened? Why are we at a such a sad state right now where it's difficult to find stuff where Naruto is the person who's screwing his wife? Some one tell me what's changed? What's the reason for this?

Well, I don’t think the answer to that is exactly hidden. But, for your sake, I’ll try and make it clear for you.

Have you ever talked to some Naruto fans? And by some, I do not mean all – so don’t take words out of my mouth here. Some Naruto fans are absolutely awful human beings. They relentlessly bash any character who is not Naruto, they find a way to butcher the characterization of literally everybody in the series, and they constantly and consistently get shoved in everyone’s faces by droves of fans who seem to think that a Naruto who is characterized (ironically) just like Sasuke, but even edgier, is somehow a good thing.

For almost a decade stories like these were shoved down people’s throat. About how ‘awesome’ Naruto is, about how ‘bad’ Konoha and everybody else in the series except (occasionally) Hinata or Kushina is. Again and again, story after story that get hundreds upon hundreds of reviews. Any story that doesn’t adhere to this principle of ‘Naruto over all’ has to be flamed, reported, and basically harassed until the author either takes it down or stops updating.

That is how bad it got.

What nowadays is is simply a backlash. Apparently, you can’t have a character so relentlessly vaunted and praised without having a lot of people stew in anger – and once a few authors, such as me, came along and started writing stories where he isn’t getting his way, where he isn’t bashing literally everyone else, where he isn’t the top dog… well, let’s just say, that’s how we got to today.

Funnily enough, I’ve written quite a ‘Sasuke’ stories, as you might realize. I’ve also written a few ‘Naruto’ stories, too. Guess which one gets much better reviews from much kinder, nicer, more receptive people? And guess which one gets flamed relentlessly by people who don’t even read it, but yell about who the protagonist is? Hint hint: they’re both the Sasuke one.

Maybe this has given you some perspective.

Guest Jackstack
1 hour ago, BigE2955 said:

Funnily enough, I’ve written quite a ‘Sasuke’ stories, as you might realize. I’ve also written a few ‘Naruto’ stories, too. Guess which one gets much better reviews from much kinder, nicer, more receptive people? And guess which one gets flamed relentlessly by people who don’t even read it, but yell about who the protagonist is? Hint hint: they’re both the Sasuke one.

Maybe this has given you some perspective.

I can't take you seriously.

You say this but here's the thing of the fics you've written where Naruto is the main guy and isn't getting cucked there's only 3 out of 28. 2 don't go past one chapter and the 2 haven't been updated in a year. So if you could don't say this BS like you've written an equal amount of Naruto and Sasuke fics or like you don't give the ones with sasuke far more attention and care or like you don't go out of your way to have Naruto humiliated in your fics.

And you know what? You're a fucking hypocrite, you're writing the exact same type of fics you're apparently against with the only difference being you're using sasuke as the main character. 

And frankly it's pathetic that you're basically admitting your motivation here is just spite 

As someone who’s moderated here at AFF for the past seven years, I have to say the quality of fiction posted to the Naruto subdomain has shown a recent trend into cuckold stories, so much so that we had to revive that tag.

There were some amazing stories when I first began to moderate here, and although I’m not an anime/manga fan in general, there were more than a few stories which were highly creative and managed not to bash any character. Prism0467’s work comes to mind, in particular.  I wonder why authors with a desire to write fiction with strong plots and minimal fetishes don’t find a welcome in the subdomain any longer?

22 minutes ago, Guest Jackstack said:

I can't take you seriously.

You say this but here's the thing of the fics you've written where Naruto is the main guy and isn't getting cucked there's only 3 out of 28. 2 don't go past one chapter and the 2 haven't been updated in a year. So if you could don't say this BS like you've written an equal amount of Naruto and Sasuke fics or like you don't give the ones with sasuke far more attention and care or like you don't go out of your way to have Naruto humiliated in your fics.

And you know what? You're a fucking hypocrite, you're writing the exact same type of fics you're apparently against with the only difference being you're using sasuke as the main character. 

And frankly it's pathetic that you're basically admitting your motivation here is just spite 

Well, that’s awfully rude. Now, I will try to answer what you said as thoroughly as possible.

Firstly: I do write Naruto stories. In fact, as we speak, I’m putting the finishing touches on the chapter of a Naruto story. There’s one reason I write more Sasuke stories than Naruto stories: I prefer Sasuke over Naruto. It’s nothing more complicated than that – I don’t hate Naruto, neither do I loathe him… I just prefer Sasuke.

And no, I don’t ‘go out of my way to have Naruto humiliated in (my) fics’. I have about 3 fics, out of 28, where Naruto is in any way humiliated. And in those three fics, he’s not only an active participant but also gets his moments of dominance, at least in two of them. It’s fairly obvious that you haven’t read any of my stories, considering anyone who has read them can tell you that I tend to go out of my way to make Naruto either not involved in the story, or genderbent into a woman and allowed to join in the fun. It’s also worth noting that one of my favorite pairings is Sasuke/Fem. Naruto.

I don’t believe I’m a hypocrite, either. Yes, I write stories where Naruto is cucked – but they’re of a completely different nature than other stories where Sasuke/Naruto are cucked. Naruto is a willing participant; and he gets just as much enjoyment from the act as everyone else. Not to mention I don’t bash him, either… in fact, I tend to go out of my way to make his actual strength and power obvious to the reader. A fact you would be aware of if you actually read my stories.

Neither is my motivation ‘spite’. I was simply stating why I thought other authors began to write stories where Naruto gets cuckolded – for the most part, I write them because I have good ideas and I feel they translate into good erotica. And considering the relative popularity of those stories, I think other people agree that they are good erotica.

Hopefully, I’ve answered your response in a way that’s acceptable.

Guest Jackstack

Look you are just full of shit, 

11 minutes ago, BigE2955 said:

It’s nothing more complicated than that – I don’t hate Naruto, neither do I loathe him

Bullshit, you ate so full of it it's not even funny, you keep on with act that you're not some Naruto hater but you are.

Frankly I'm not going to keep talking to a giant hypocrite who's one of the main reasons why this site is shit to look for fics anymore.

5 minutes ago, Guest Jackstack said:

Look you are just full of shit, 

Bullshit, you ate so full of it it's not even funny, you keep on with act that you're not some Naruto hater but you are.

Frankly I'm not going to keep talking to a giant hypocrite who's one of the main reasons why this site is shit to look for fics anymore.

What a well reasoned response. I’m glad you managed to so thoroughly shut down my argument, and not just say something that’s blatantly untrue if you actually think about it for a moment.

Guest kimmy

don't listen to jackstack he has not read many or none of your story I have and u are one of the good one in making storys so making them and have fun 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 4:50 AM, Guest MicStax said:

Frankly the state of Naruto fics on this site is appalling, we have nothing new or interesting anymore.

Nowadays the only stuff we really see anymore is Naruto humiliation, sasuke harems, Kushina becoming a slut and the occasional blacked stuff with kumo ninja, and all of it is so generic and a lot of it is written by the same 4 or 5 people.

Like what's happened? Why are we at a such a sad state right now where it's difficult to find stuff where Naruto is the person who's screwing his wife? Some one tell me what's changed? What's the reason for this?

Personally I think that after looking at it, the Naruto fandom is kind of on the fall just in general here on AFF.

Once upon a time you would struggle to stay on front page of the updates. Now if you scroll down you’ll see that month old updates are still on page 1.

But then again I think Shippuden did a lot of damage to the shipping scene. It gave us character age-ups, but it messed up a lot of the ships we had been hopeful of.

Even the stuff that ended as cannon didn’t come out that well, because as Kishimoto has said ‘it’s a fighting manga.’

And anyway we’re in the Boruto era now, and it’s just not that good. I’m told that it’s going to pick up steam as it goes along. After all, they’re just rehashing the movie right now. So it’s possible the fandom will revitilize as we go past that.

But even around the late Shippuden years, there was an amazing lack of vanilla as a trend.

I mean, I think that Vanilla is inherently not spicy. So as the fandom gets older, people might start moving away from vanilla, both as readers and as writers.

What I’ve seen lately in Hentai and Doujins at least, is that NTR got so mainstream that Vanilla actually became kind of refreshing. Perhaps we’ll have a resurgance one day, but some dedicated writers will have to find interesting angles for it.

39 minutes ago, SniperJoe said:

Personally I think that after looking at it, the Naruto fandom is kind of on the fall just in general here on AFF.

Once upon a time you would struggle to stay on front page of the updates. Now if you scroll down you’ll see that month old updates are still on page 1.

But then again I think Shippuden did a lot of damage to the shipping scene. It gave us character age-ups, but it messed up a lot of the ships we had been hopeful of.

Even the stuff that ended as cannon didn’t come out that well, because as Kishimoto has said ‘it’s a fighting manga.’

And anyway we’re in the Boruto era now, and it’s just not that good. I’m told that it’s going to pick up steam as it goes along. After all, they’re just rehashing the movie right now. So it’s possible the fandom will revitilize as we go past that.

But even around the late Shippuden years, there was an amazing lack of vanilla as a trend.

I mean, I think that Vanilla is inherently not spicy. So as the fandom gets older, people might start moving away from vanilla, both as readers and as writers.

What I’ve seen lately in Hentai and Doujins at least, is that NTR got so mainstream that Vanilla actually became kind of refreshing. Perhaps we’ll have a resurgance one day, but some dedicated writers will have to find interesting angles for it.

You bring a fair point with Shippuden. The main problem with Shippuden is that none of the ships evolved. NaruHina stayed essentially the same: a shy girl chasing after a boy who basically ignored her. It took an entire movie to wrap up that relationship. And as for SasuSaku, well, it just got worse; there were moments in Part I where it was somewhat plausible, but the fact that Sakura was retconned to still love Sasuke in the war arc was just… ugh. Completely unacceptable, even for a ‘fighting’ manga. Most of the other ‘ships’ are really minor; the only one that’s actually a solid, plausible relationship off the top of my head is ShikaTema and they only got like three chapters of development.

And, you know, when the Boruto manga/anime first came out I thought there was a chance of a revitalization. But honestly, it’s just not going to happen at this rate… the anime and manga just aren’t as good as the original Naruto manga, and I don’t see it ever coming close with the type of writing they’ve been brandishing thus far.

Vanilla stuff is making a resurgence somewhat, but, it’s not quite there yet. I post both vanilla and NTR stuff, and though I prefer writing vanilla things I’ve noticed that NTR tends to get well over four or five times the reviews/views that vanilla things do. It’s a pity, really.

Oh well. I suppose we’ll just have to see what the future holds… I for one have faith, but sometimes faith just isn’t enough.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.