Click Here!

The Big Question

CloverReef

No, not ‘Will you marry me’. I’m talking about the REAL big question. You’re all fellow nerds and geeks, you should know this! 

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

I need to know. Because I thought of mine, and that made me wonder about yours. If I had a super evil super power, it would be the ability to control people’s words. Not their thoughts, their action, or their message. I pretty much just want to edit the way people talk. Especially the way they talk to me, because lack of tact and TMI moments in public really grate on my nerves lol. Okay, supervillains, talk to me! (I guess you heroes can talk too, but… you know, use your inside voice.)

Edited by CloverReef

Well, shit...  Here I thought there was a marriage proposal...  Well...  I'm disappointed.  Back to bed for me…

:drool2: (close enough...)

Damn, still here...  Ummm...  look at the pussy! :licking-cat:

Fine, I'll answer…

To be honest, probably be able to get rid of the idiots in the world...  Like (fwoosh)...  Or maybe that's just work talking....  and this city...  Hmm...  Higher level intellect?  I wouldn't mind having that...  Intelligently rule the world ;).

Edited by Tcr

The power to vaporize idiots who take more than one parking place. Really. I’m generally pretty easygoing, but I absolutely explode when faced with that sort of self-important, self-indulgent, self-centered behavior. And after I vaporize their car, I’m going to disintegrate all their participation awards, from preschool right on up. 

4 hours ago, BronxWench said:

The power to vaporize idiots who take more than one parking place. Really. I’m generally pretty easygoing, but I absolutely explode when faced with that sort of self-important, self-indulgent, self-centered behavior. And after I vaporize their car, I’m going to disintegrate all their participation awards, from preschool right on up. 

I like how specific your power is going to be. Someone steals your wallet, you try to vaporize them and all you get is a little steam kuz they’re properly parked. 

4 minutes ago, CloverReef said:

I like how specific your power is going to be. Someone steals your wallet, you try to vaporize them and all you get is a little steam kuz they’re properly parked. 

Well, yes, because stealing my wallet is up close and personal, so I can smack you for that. But usually the parking offenses occur when I’m not looking, so it’s either I get to vaporize the car, or I channel 6 sumo wrestlers to pick it up, move it, and drop it into one space. And I do mean drop it. 

Long-distance teleportation. I’m tired of getting hosed by the airlines.

But here’s what I think is the more interesting question: Not what superpower you want, but what superpower you think you would actually end up with if you got one. 

I think I’d get a power that seems lame but is actually kind of useful, like the power to make people ignore me.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

Long-distance teleportation. I’m tired of getting hosed by the airlines.

But here’s what I think is the more interesting question: Not what superpower you want, but what superpower you think you would actually end up with if you got one. 

I think I’d get a power that seems lame but is actually kind of useful, like the power to make people ignore me.

Based on my personality and plethora of anxieties... The ability to fade from attention. Like a stranger sees me and is all like "that creature looks totally approachable and not terrified of me at all so I'd better make it converse with me." Then i could just smile and nod and with my epic power i could make them lose interest and go away. I think I'd get that power because i already kinda do it with awkwardness. 

Edit: excuse the errors. Wrote this on my phone. 

Edited by CloverReef

• 3 months later...

"If people could fly we would consider it excersise and never do it." ~ George Carlin

That's always the first thing to come into my mind when someone says that.

I want the abilty to take my ideas and fluidly translate it into a finished product. I have a full half dozen books fully written in my head but when it comes time to apply it to paper it disappears. I know how to do it. I know how I want to do it... it just doesn't translate.

4 hours ago, SightSoBlind said:

"If people could fly we would consider it excersise and never do it." ~ George Carlin

That's always the first thing to come into my mind when someone says that.

I want the abilty to take my ideas and fluidly translate it into a finished product. I have a full half dozen books fully written in my head but when it comes time to apply it to paper it disappears. I know how to do it. I know how I want to do it... it just doesn't translate.

Ugh isn’t that the worst, when the words on paper just aren’t cooperating? That would be a handy super power, especially during a particularly nasty bout of writers block.

6 hours ago, Sinfulwolf said:

May seem lame, but regeneration and immunity to disease. 

I don’t think that’s lame at all. Like lizards that can grow their tails back? And immunity is awesome as it is, but doubly awesome in a zombie apocalypse. 

I am lazy and would like the ability to bestow upon others superpowers.  I’d go around and find wounded warriors, upstanding citizens and other downtrodden champions I suspect would make good heroes and give them powers, making a super powered vigilante team that could do good in the world and double as a personal Praetorian Guard/hit squad.  and because I am a jerk, maybe also deliberately make villains for my own amusement.  I dunno.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.