Click Here!

The Harem Lima Stockholm Syndrome Story Idea

I had a brilliant idea for my future Special Agent Oso written work that involves my original character named Robbie Mason who gets taken off the streets on his way home from a short walk that afternoon or evening. Since this is a place to get good advice I wanted to know as readers what would set this story up correctly giving off a positive and negative impact on the topic of Lima Syndrome and our infamous Stockholm Syndrome during Robbie's experience being the little human housepet for Oso, Wolfie, and Musa who are characters for the cartoon fandom I've written? 

It was inspired by Mal's written work that had a man who kidnaps celebrity girls and forces them to have sex or get punished for refusal and disobedience while overtime his victims come to understand what he does giving themselves up to him entirely without struggle.

Found the story quite interesting and wanted to do one of my own with a childhood favorite.

Story Inspirationhttp://celeb.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094620

Edited by Donna O. Bailey

Honestly, I’m not familiar with the cartoon or the characters with which you work, but I think I can still answer your question. First off, I think pulling off believable Lima Syndrome requires you to first establish believable Stockholm Syndrome. And, to me, the biggest thing you can do to create an environment in which the captive willingly gives themselves up to their captor is to make that captor someone who is sympathetic. If Alex, in my story, was just a heartless asshole who was just looking to rape his victims with no regard for their feelings, then the celebrities would have no power at all. The story would be less interesting because of it and would eventually just be the same thing over and over again.

But, because the celebrities can and do find sympathy with him, they begin to treat him as something other than just their captor. Of course they see him that way too, but they can also see him as a human being with feelings and problems and all that. Then because they (the celebrities) are treating him differently, giving themselves to him willingly, even falling in love with him, it creates a situation where Alex is able to see them as more than just objects for his desire. At that point, you see some of the Lima Stockholm Syndrome begin to develop, where he begins to feel bad about what he’s done, even sympathizing with their situation. The crux of course in my story is that Alex can’t let them go without suffering major repercussions, because even if the celebrities don’t press charges, he’s still going to get arrested and lose everything he has and is.

For me, it all begins with realism. You have to make the situations on both sides (the captives and the captors) believable and you have to make them relatable and sympathetic. If one or the other comes off as too cold, harsh or in the victims case, too easily corrupted or even fight against the inevitable with too much vehemence neither group will be seen by readers as believable and thus your Stockholm and Lima Syndromes won’t be believable either. It all starts with the characters and creating sympathy.

Alex is a bad guy, but he also shows us that he’s vulnerable and capable of empathy and even a little remorse. Thus readers can relate to him. Emma especially, and some of the other celebrities realize the situation they are in is hopeless (as far as escape anyway) and so rather than fighting a battle they can’t win (which would likely result in torture), they give in to him, and begin to try and understand him. even to see things from his point of view. In the end, they may not understand why he did it, but they can, and many of them do realize that he was misguided and maybe a little naive and can sympathize with him. So as they come to love him, they realize that in order to keep him they have to stay imprisoned by him...its a sort of weird symbiotic relationship. You can have Stockholm Syndrome with out Lima, but I don’t think you can have Lima Syndrome without first establishing Stockholm Syndrome. 

I don’t know if any of that helps… most of its probably just me rambling lol… Anyway, feel free to ask me any other questions. This is a topic I find very fascinating because of the weird way the two Syndromes feed off each other. But if you have any other questions just let me know.

Also, thanks for reading my story!

Till next time,

-Mal

Edited by Mal

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, Donna O. Bailey said:

I had a brilliant idea for my future Special Agent Oso written work that involves my original character named Robbie Mason who gets taken off the streets on his way home from a short walk that afternoon or evening. Since this is a place to get good advice I wanted to know as readers what would set this story up correctly giving off a positive and negative impact on the topic of Lima Syndrome and our infamous Stockholm Syndrome during Robbie's experience being the little human housepet for Oso, Wolfie, and Musa who are characters for the cartoon fandom I've written? 

It was inspired by Mal's written work that had a man who kidnaps celebrity girls and forces them to have sex or get punished for refusal and disobedience while overtime his victims come to understand what he does giving themselves up to him entirely without struggle.

Found the story quite interesting and wanted to do one of my own with a childhood favorite.

Story Inspirationhttp://celeb.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094620

It’ll take some time but in a confined space away from the rest of the world would allow the characters to interact over a period of time. Both syndromes can and have happened at the same time. Humanity’s ability to bond with anything and our innate empathy ensures given enough time. The captor will have as much emotional capital invested in their captives as the captives have in their captor. Both will react violently if outsiders try to harm either.  Particularly if both parties aren’t complete and total monsters without a shred of empathy. Bonus points if this forced relationship is more stable and healthy than their normal relationships.