Click Here!

Can't login/register

Guest Redlette

Guest Redlette

I created an account and clicked the link to verify my email. Now I can't login or reset my password. It says I have not registered when I try to reset the password and when I try to login it just stays in a loop asking for my email and password. I tried to recreate the account but it says the account already exists. Any ideas? 

You can’t recreate an account, so that would explain that part. I see this account, which I’m assuming is you:

http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296989004

I’m not sure why you were trying to reset your password when you’d just made the account. Generally, most people only reset that when they have forgotten a password. However, what might have happened is that the site sets cookies when you log in. If you created an account and logged in, once you clicked the validation link in the email you should have been fine. Resetting the password seems to have thrown things into a tailspin, and since I can’t access the database, I can’t see what happened.

What I can suggest is that you clear all AFF cookies, clear your browser’s cache and history, close it completely, and restart it. That may clear any cookie-related issues.

You can also check to see if your browser saved the password, in which case it could be interfering with your attempt to reset things.

Still guessing here, it’s possible your password did not meet the criteria for the site: between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, no spaces, punctuation or special characters allowed, and it is case sensitive. Additionally, if you reset the password using the same password, it blanks the field and forces a new reset, which may or may not be working properly since we tweaked the code to accommodate mobile device users.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.