Click Here!

A Question of Consent

Mal

10 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

Rape is a bit more black/white on usage, other tags can have a slippery slope.  Even rape, though, if you’re talking sexual assault rather than sex, I could somebody thinking the rape doesn’t apply, especially if they think it’d scare readers unnecessarily (ie, for blood play, they’ve got blood, they’ve got sex, but the blood’s incidental, not really part of the sexual acts)..  

You mean like groping as opposed to penetrative sex? I do believe the law classifies rape under sexual assault, but not all SA is defined as rape. However, we don’t have an SA tag so I would still tag ‘up’. I mean, we have SH but I don’t think it carries the same weight as assault. 

I have that problem sometimes, I was asking about Scat earlier and I once tagged Tent even though the tentacles didn’t actually have sex with anyone, lol. I think it’s just important to be very careful about the one tag which must not be named :D

28 minutes ago, KassX said:

You mean like groping as opposed to penetrative sex? I do believe the law classifies rape under sexual assault, but not all SA is defined as rape. However, we don’t have an SA tag so I would still tag ‘up’. I mean, we have SH but I don’t think it carries the same weight as assault. 

I have that problem sometimes, I was asking about Scat earlier and I once tagged Tent even though the tentacles didn’t actually have sex with anyone, lol. I think it’s just important to be very careful about the one tag which must not be named :D

You’re certainly allowed to list new tags/warnings under “other” if you need something more focused.  In your [tent] example, I’d likely list it in the laundry list of tags at the top of the story, qualified as CYA, and leave it at that.