Click Here!

cant log in main site

I take it that by “Main site” you mean the archives? If that’s what you mean, I need to move this to the archive tech support. 

But remember to clear cookies and cache, and that you can’t reset the password with the same password, it has to be a new one… That’s about all the help I am when it comes to this issue, I’m afraid. 

Okay, then it could be a few things.

First, if this is a new computer, and you’ve just set things up, make sure third party cookies are enabled for your browser. If the site can’t set cookies, that’ll screw the log-in.

Second, make sure you’re using any capital letters where required in the password. It’s case sensitive. Letters and numbers only, no special symbols.

Third, even if you don’t think you’re logged in, try to log out and then in again. I’m actually showing you as last log-in today: Last Active: 2018-03-25 18:06:30

Okay, step out for me what happens when you try to log in.  I’m still showing your last active status was on Sunday. So, when you enter your email address, in full, and then your password, what message do you get? Not the password reset message, the log-in message, please.

Ii get no message, the page just reloads as if it was refreshed, no change at all.

I used the “Enter” key to log in, I used the button to log in and tried on different pages too.

none of them say I am logged into the site, cant access my part of the members tools or any thing (cant update my story T_T )

I tried not long before my last post to see if it would pull a magic trick and let me in.

You have to use the button to log in, just for the record. The Enter key does not work.

When you go to the Login dropdown, are you seeing anything in the fields there? When I log in, I am shown the last email address I used to log in, since I have the moderator account and my personal account for AFF.

Below that, you should be able to enter your password, which is between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no special characters, and which is case sensitive. If you save your password via your browser, you should see black dots representing your password. If you are unsure if the saved password is correct, backspace it out and re-enter it. Try the two passwords you thought were right, and I’m assuming the third, new password you created when you tried to reset it, and be sure any one you try meets the requirements. 

I can’t access the database to check your password, unfortunately, and DG is swamped with RL work, so I’m trying to get this sorted without needing her to check.

in the drop down, i see either me username or email.

using my email and two password, no change.

trying my username with passwords, hitting the button not “enter” has the same result

I could not make the new password, the email link kept telling me that it was no longer valid, even though I had only had the email for three min or so.

It would be nice if we could avoid her help, less on her plate the better ….. but I dont know what to do …….. PM you my info? 

You can PM me the info, and I can see if I can log in, sure. I’m just wondering if the password field got “blanked” which can happen when you try to reset a password using the same password.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.