Click Here!

Favorites

Guest Chester

We don’t have a button to mark a story as a favorite. However, in one’s archive profile, one can add a story as Recommended Reading, or note an author as a favorite author. That lets you add the link to the author or stories, so you can access them very quickly.

Guest Chester

I saw that.  But it is so complicated!  Isn’t there an easier way?  I put in the story number but then I had to put in the author, title, etc.  There should be an easier way to reread the stories you love.

Our archive code is a customized version of the original package, which is no longer supported, and we’re working within that framework to make the archive as user-friendly as possible. There are limits, however, as well as the additional consideration of trying to make the archive mobile-friendly. A lot of the functionality of previous updates has been reworked (and not always to the better) by that focus on mobile users. And yes, that is a grumble from someone who still likes her phone to be a phone, and who prefers a PC for Internet use.

Perhaps in future, our coders will see a way to make that an easier process, but for now, that’s the best we can offer. After the initial work of adding a story, it really is a quick way to access a story or author’s profile, which would have links to all their stories.

45 minutes ago, Guest Favorites said:

where Do I find the author Id?  

When you click on the author’s name, you’ll be taken to their profile. At the very top, in the url, there is a number at the end. That’s the author’s ID. The FAQ on that is here.

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.