Click Here!

Password not valid

Guest Cissab

I just cannot get into my account even though I have tried all the different tutorials you all have posted. I haven’t been on your site for many years, I was having some problems. I know that you have sent instructions to get into the old accounts but I cannot get them to work. I admit that it is very likely user error on my part but since my twins are now legal on this site and they were in kindergarten when I started writing, I might be getting old. Any help is greatly appreciated. I do plan to finish up the last few chapters, many people have sent messages over the years urging me to do some (in varying degrees of politeness), so I would like to get that done.
Thanks.

Hi,

If you can tell me your pen name, or give me the url to your account, I can see what I can do to troubleshoot this.

We’ve had a lot of changes recently, from the revision of the archive code (more than once) right up to a domain name change. One of the things we recommend before trying to re-register is to clear the browser’s cache and history, back to the beginning of time, and also to remove all AFF cookies which might refer back to the old domain name of adultfanfiction.net. The redirect expired, and those lead to all sorts of odd places now. 

As far as passwords, we do have a new requirement there of no less than 8 letters and/or numbers, and no more than 12. Special characters and symbols aren’t allowed, and the passwords are case sensitive. The good part is you don’t need to know the old password to reset it, but you do need access to the original email address used to create the account, and you can’t reuse the current password when resetting. That blanks the field and forces yet another reset. If you don’t have access to the original email address, we can update that for you in the database, and you can then re-register.

That’s the off-the-top-of-my-head stuff. We’ll get you back into your account, though. :)

Okay, that helps a lot, actually! Your last access was back in September 2012, and you have re-registered under the revised archive code. That’s the good news. 

You don’t need to re-register. What I’m going to recommend is that you do the clearing of your cache and browser history, and get rid of all the AFF cookies in your browser as well. I suspect one of the cookies is corrupted, and that will create issues with resetting your password. Once you’ve cleared everything, close the browser completely, and you might even want to restart your computer to make absolutely sure that data is gone. When you restart your browser, you should be able to reset your password using this link:

http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php

Let me know if this works, and if not, we’ll explore more options.

I cleared my cache and browser history back to the beginning of time and cleared all my cookies. I bought a new iMac a few months ago and nothing from the old system is on here. Windows 10 crashed the old computer and nothing was recoverable. I restarted the computer and it still said password not valid. I am not good at this sort of thing at all. I am happy to try anything but I am leaving for Thanksgiving in a few hours and I will be cooking and trying to referee between the kids and the dogs so time is not of the essence. Thank you for your assistance. 

When you get back, I’m going to ask that you email me with the password, so I can see if there’s something in it which might cause a problem. I don’t want you to post it here on a public forum, and guests can’t use the forum’s messaging system, but our staff email is not public. You can email me via tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. I check that email daily, so I’ll see it.

In any event, a very happy Thanksgiving!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.