Click Here!

CloverReef

Hi! This is technically both archive and forum, since I can’t seem to get the avatar URLs to work on either (I can however upload an avatar on the forum). 

So I used to host all my images for this kinda thing on photobucket, but they’ve changed it so that you need to pay in order to do that. So that left me with a big, ugly, grey “PAY US” avatar. That’s fine. They gotta do what they gotta do. I switched to Imgur. But the links don’t seem to work on the avatar url thing, both on archive and the forums. Made sure my image was under the size limit and I tried both png and jpeg. Then I tried google photos. Same thing. Then I tried Dropbox. It said image saved, and I thought I had success, but then I went to my profile and it showed a broken image thingy. 

So I guess what I’m really asking is if there’s an image hosting thing that we know works. Or if I’m doing the other ones wrong? 

Just now, Desiderius Price said:

Is my avatar showing to you, the eclipse?  Because I had uploaded it from my computer.

Yep! It shows just fine. I am able to upload from my computer. It’s just the urls that don’t work, and the archive doesn’t allow uploads so I’m stuck with trying to figure out the urls there. 

1 minute ago, CloverReef said:

Yep! It shows just fine. I am able to upload from my computer. It’s just the urls that don’t work, and the archive doesn’t allow uploads so I’m stuck with trying to figure out the urls there. 

Upload to the forum and use that image URL for the archive?

Clover, I think that it was changed in the last (or the one before the one before the last, can’t remember when) update, that we can now upload our avatars directly to the forum, it just has to be within a certain size parameter. I know, I’m not any help at all, but I do try :D As for the archive, I know even less. 

And thanks to Desi for a genius solution. :D 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.