Click Here!

Forum Bug?

Guest FriskyFlareon

Guest FriskyFlareon

Hey. Two days ago, I tried joining on the forums. It told me that the account needs to be validated manually and I need to be given permission. At first I was confused why but saw it’s to avoid spambots, which is all fine. Now, two days later, I’ve still yet to be validated. Now, what’s weird is I got an e-mail stating a conversation has been started between, what should be my account, and WillowDarkling. However.. I can’t get to my account. The e-mail shows me the message he sent but reading it on my actual account won’t work because it says I need to be validated still. Here’s a screenshot showing the message.

32dfde3c569d79b98843af3c34d40f48.png

So the message shows in my e-mail, but when I click the “Read full message” option, it tells me my account has yet to be validated. Screenshow below shows. I did most of my browser in the screenshot to show it’s the same site.. as if I have a reason to fake that, though.

a950fb470462917daf85334dc64866cd.png

Is there any reason for this? I’ve not gotten an e-mail saying my account is approved, yet I got a message about it? I can’t go edit the thing needed like the message says because I’m not approved.

Guest FriskyFlareon

Don’t mean to double-post, but I need to make it known I thought I did put a link to my archive profile. However, I wasn’t sure if I did the right one or not, so it may not be. If that’s the problem, I understand.

Hey, there. 

It seems that the problem is that your accounts hasn’t been validated, yet, and therefore you can’t do what I asked you to do. Problem is, our forum admin is having internet issues, and our head tech admin is too busy with RL work. So, since I can’t validate profiles, all we can do is wait until you get validated. 

But just to be on the safe side, please give me your archive pen name, or a link to your profile here (it’s ok if you can’t hyperlink it, just the url as plain text is plenty) and then I can flag that for our forum admin when he gets back online, and he can validate your profile.  

Thank you though, for posting here, to answer my message. And I do apologise for the long wait for validation. Sometimes RL just needs to be the priority, or decides to deprive us of internet for a few days. :D 

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy the community, once your profile gets cleared. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

Guest FriskyFlareon
37 minutes ago, WillowDarkling said:

Hey, there. 

It seems that the problem is that your accounts hasn’t been validated, yet, and therefore you can’t do what I asked you to do. Problem is, our forum admin is having internet issues, and our head tech admin is too busy with RL work. So, since I can’t validate profiles, all we can do is wait until you get validated. 

But just to be on the safe side, please give me your archive pen name, or a link to your profile here (it’s ok if you can’t hyperlink it, just the url as plain text is plenty) and then I can flag that for our forum admin when he gets back online, and he can validate your profile.  

Thank you though, for posting here, to answer my message. And I do apologise for the long wait for validation. Sometimes RL just needs to be the priority, or decides to deprive us of internet for a few days. :D 

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy the community, once your profile gets cleared. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

Heya!

Ah, that would make sense. I was super confused as to why my account was able to recieve messages but I couldn’t log-in to it. Thanks for clearing that up!

As for the Archive name, or link, here you go. I’m assuming it’s this. If not, my name on the Archive is FriskyFlareon, the same as on here. http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296984608

1 hour ago, Melrick said:

You have to wait for me to manually validate people’s application, and I just validated you then.

I understand I wasn’t validated. I was confused how I was receiving messages while I wasn’t though. I thought I did get validated but something went wrong. But thanks everyone for the clarification!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.