Click Here!

Health and stuff... little rant

So I went to work, and did feel better for a little bit, but I guess I paid for it later on after I’d dropped the greyhound off for her appointment at the vet for her teeth.

I waited until 6pm to get the dog back. She’s had two teeth out and is on the settee all woozy, poor thing. Vet also dug two corns out of her feet while she was under.

Yes, I waited for her, but then I dialled the NHS, to see what was going on with me, because I’ve been in – well, I wouldn’t call it agony, because I’ve had gallstones before, but it’s close enough. I don’t know why their phone number exists. Off I go to hospital, as soon as I’ve gathered some stuff together, because it could be my appendix. At my age! Why can’t they just cut all the useless bits off when you’re young?

Anyway, hope it isn’t. Hope I come back quick. Like tonight. Hope I come back. I am not bloody dying on the 10th of October. They can’t make me.

(If, later, it turns out to be the case, I’d be grateful if you could all go ahead and believe it happened on the 11th for me)

Oh, and I’m taking paper and a pen with me, because they kept me in for one night for the gallbladder surgery, and I was climbing the walls then.

*looks at dog*

Seriously bad timing this. Really, terribly bad... :(

*sighs*

*swears*

*disappears*

And… I’m back home!

Two CT scans later, after a panic by the doctors where they thought I didn’t have appendicitis, but instead a much more serious inflammation ofthe main artery that supplies blood to my legs (scary), they’ve finally settled on a painful disease that isn’t life threatening (or at least, not yet). I’ve been knocked out with morphine and codeine and shoved full of antibiotics.

What a performance.

While I was there, I discovered why I never write longhand. I love my computer.

Thank you for all your well wishes, everyone. Most appreciated, even if I did have a load of trouble getting online whilst I was there. :wub:

Normal service shall now be resumed. After a good night’s kip. And a decent cup of coffee. And a couple of days rest, probably. And a shower to get this horrible hospital smell off of me.

I tend not be as prolific with longhand on paper.  Heck, might not even write like I do if I had to suffer.  Paper, though, is okay at work when I need to quickly jot an idea down (and don’t, for obvious reasons, want to use my work computer).

Well, welcome back from that doctor induced panic disorder :P

11 hours ago, JayDee said:

Hopefully they’ve come up with a decent and non-addictive pain management program as well! At least non-life threatening.

Ha! You know as well as I do their answer to everything is codeine. That’s not happening. I’ll concede to paracetamol... when absolutely necessary. I don’t want people breaking into my house for the street value of my medicine cabinet. Sod that.

At least they sent me away with some more heavy duty antibiotics after all the IV ones. So that should finish the attack off for now, and for a while with any luck. :)